Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd

Re: Rock Sliders

Originally posted by Paul
Sure - - they probably look great - - - but how much do they weigh??

Paul
'91 Sport
:D As soon as Rick will be finished with his rock sliders, he will change his sig from 5.5" superlift to 4.5" :p

The rock rails on my WJ were about 12 - 15 lb a piece, and they are just "medium duty". :eek: But they already prooved themselves worth the money and weight several times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, as I did with the bumpers, they are overkill. I would say they weigh about 75 lbs......each.

Once they are on I'll load the truck with my "Trail" stuff and have it weighed. I'm sure it will be scary!:eek:

75lbs rock slider! Holy crap! that makes my 170lbs (with tire) rear bumper seem light!

Originally posted by taxxman2k
I have a seat if I come. I hear ya about the hobbies. I rebuilt my mountain bike last year, and it was alnmost as much as a new one..!:D

cool!

i'm going for sure.. only as passenger though most likely.

Hey Guys,

I have not been here for a while.
Just wanted to let you know I will be there for the CNC run.
We are staying at Tellico Cabins.
I will be in my Blue XJ

Hope to see a bunch of you up there.

Ken C

So far we have 14 definites, that includes Gerald and I. There are a few others from this list that can not commit just yet.

Forgot

BRUISER,

I almost forgot. There are several people staying at Tellico Cabins too.

Too bad you won't be driving your X...EXplorer that is. ;)

Rick

Originally posted by Bionc Marsh.
So far we have 14 definites, that includes Gerald and I. There are a few others from this list that can not commit just yet.
An other friend - well - internet-friend ;) of mine, Maracucho, will be there with his Jeep ZJ. Bummer I can't make it.

I may be there, Iwill be in lake city that weekend and might drive down to check out some modded explorers, mine is still stock so spectating is all I can do.

Getting Close!!

Time is getting close (OK, 6 weeks)! :D

It would be good to know who to look for, when you plan on arriving, how long you plan on staying and where you are staying.:confused:

Update on my rig. I have the passanger side rock slider ready to drill the mounting holes. I hope to get it mounted and started on the drivers side this week.

Gerald, how are yours coming?

Rick

LOL

I've been trying to paint them for three weeks to rustproof them but it's been solid rain here and 99% humidity the whole time. Hopefully this weekend it will dry out enough to prep them and put them on.
Check your PM.

just found out my inlaws decided that they will be coming to our house that weekend... but this time i got the ok from my wife BEFORE they set this date.. so i'm all in the clear! woohoo
doesn't look like i'll have any new mods to my vehicle now though so i'll be riding passenger for sure. i'm up for camping. see everyone in a few weeks..

oh yeah, what days/nights do you guys plan to wheel and what time do you leave to hit the trail?

Finally found some detailed directions, they can be found on the site tellico4x4.com. Directions to the campsite anyway, hoping I will get to ride down and check it out, unfortunately with my ex stock all I can do is check out other explorers, according to the legend there is only maybe two trails I can ride:( You guys staying at Crawfords?

Gerald,

Is that all you have left, paint? "You don't need no stinking paint!"

Originally posted by Bionc Marsh.
Gerald,
Is that all you have left, paint? "You don't need no stinking paint!"

Heck no, then I get to install them and I figure that the left side will be a lot of fun, drilling into the framerail with the gastank there and trying to get a drillbit into the upper framerail to drill a mounting hole.

Exploder-1, I don't know yet if we are staying at Crawfords or not. I anticipate hearing from Rick whether our previous plans to stay at Pine Creek Cabins with the CNC4x4 club are still in progress. If nothing comes of that fairly quickly, I am good to go at Crawfords.

Gerald,

Not much to report, but check your PM

Rick

Gerald,
I will be down there on saturday for sure, I just need to know where and what time to meet up with you guys. This will only be a day trip for me, don't want to slow anyone down, just coming to check out some modified ex's and check out the area.
Thanks, David

Hey Guys,

I will be getting there Thursday Oct 31st in the afternoon and taking it easy that night.
Friday gonna run trails - probably leave pay post at 8 or 9am.
Saturday run trails - probably leave pay post at 8 or 9am
Sunday head home.

I will be staying at Tellico Cabins

Look for me and Kimball in his Unimog at the cabins.

check us out at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/42907117ZbrrgQ

Ken C

Heck no, then I get to install them and I figure that the left side will be a lot of fun, drilling into the framerail with the gastank there and trying to get a drillbit into the upper framerail to drill a mounting hole.

Screw it, just weld those bad boys on there:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will be around noon on Friday before I can be there (where ever "there" is at this point). You have to remember I'm driving at least 10 hours. My plan is to drive to Greensboro on Thursday night after work, then on to TELLICO Friday morning. I'll probably leave Monday morning.

Anyone who needs it, my cell number is 757-592-0745.

Back