The All New Goodyear MT/R is here | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The All New Goodyear MT/R is here

...Has anybody seen these yet...Here's a pic of the new tread design...
no-subject.jpg

...I went to Goodyear's site and could find nothing on them...:(...The only thing I could find, was from "Peterson's 4wheel & Offroad Magazine's" website...
http://blogs.4wheeloffroad.com/6457894/editorials/goodyears-new-mt-r/index.html

..."Some things are better left alone."

..."But Goodyear's new MTR is completely redesigned, with much more aggressive tread pattern, and bulletproof Kevlar sidewalls.
We tested the tires in Johnson Valley last Friday and have to say the new mud-terrain tire is a definite step above the old design.

You can read all about in the upcoming issue of the galaxies greatest off-road magazine, Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But, did they lower the price yet? they were way too pricey before...

~Mark

...A few months back they had lowered the price of the 35's...They had an over run of product when the economy started to decline...

...:scratch:...I am guessing they will be pricey since they are "New and Improved"..:rolleyes:

...I am curious about the thought process that went into the tread design...It looks like one section is from a factory siped snow tire, (all terrain)..:dunno:

Maybe it's the designer in me, but i think they're much uglier than before. :dunno:

I wonder why they chose to go to a directional tread whereas the old ones were non-directional.

I wonder why they chose to go to a directional tread whereas the old ones were non-directional.
Probably to make it more road worthy -- not that the last ones were not road worthy but GoodYear is probably just trying to cover its rear end. But yeah I can see their sales dropping a bit within the off-road world because of the directional design.

Last time i check the MTR was the cheapest tire available.. I may get me some 37's soon.

They're now at about the same price as the Intercos.

When we were looking for 33x12.50-r15 The interco's were $150 each and the MTRs were $200+ each.. For that price I went with interco..

~Mark

..:bounce:..I went to my local Goodyear store yesterday and got all excited when I pulled up and they had banner's on the drive up bay's with pic's of the new MT/R tread design...

...I went and asked about them and they just got these little flyers in and those banners...On the flyer you would think you were reading notes about the old MT/R...One little part pointed to that new section in the tire and said, "For better highway handling"..:dunno:

...I could not get any more info on them but, I am hoping they will email me info and prices on the new, and old MT/R, just for price comparisons on a 35"...;)

i hate directional :mad:

...Thanks for the link Donner...:salute:

...I just watched that video and it was to fast to tell anything about the tire...

...On the good side, maybe they will clearance/discount the old MT/R so I can get 2 new ones and have 2 spares...:biggthump

they remind me alot of my all terrains....
30927940509_medium.jpg

If I were to get a mud terrain tire I would want something more aggressive than the goodyear.

No prob...

They are sweet! Would they be worth the money? Someone is moving to Chicago :shifty_ey (not me) and will need better tires... would these be good for Chicago Winters?

...I would get them the BFG All Terrain A/T KO tires...That's what I run on my Ranger and have run on every truck since the 70's...Great tire...:biggthump

...This is the MT/R that a lot of us run and looks like it will still be available...
http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodye...odline=Wrangler MT/R (P)&mrktarea=Light Truck
010800360106112017.jpg

...This is the new model...It upgrades from the Durawall construction to Dupont Kevlar..
technologyTire.gif

...I don't know why they would change the sideall and tread design..:dunno:...I would like to see the Kevlar in the old tread design...Then I wouldn't need 2 new tires...:D

They are sweet! Would they be worth the money? Someone is moving to Chicago :shifty_ey (not me) and will need better tires... would these be good for Chicago Winters?

Any mud terrain wouldn't be the best choice for the snow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't like them... If I buy new (if I don't find something used) I'll be getting BFG KM2's.

Back