The All New Goodyear MT/R is here | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The All New Goodyear MT/R is here

...Has anybody seen these yet...Here's a pic of the new tread design...
no-subject.jpg

...I went to Goodyear's site and could find nothing on them...:(...The only thing I could find, was from "Peterson's 4wheel & Offroad Magazine's" website...
http://blogs.4wheeloffroad.com/6457894/editorials/goodyears-new-mt-r/index.html

..."Some things are better left alone."

..."But Goodyear's new MTR is completely redesigned, with much more aggressive tread pattern, and bulletproof Kevlar sidewalls.
We tested the tires in Johnson Valley last Friday and have to say the new mud-terrain tire is a definite step above the old design.

You can read all about in the upcoming issue of the galaxies greatest off-road magazine, Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very interesting Tbars4...

But, I just saw this today and me likey... The BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2

0801dp_03_z+tire_test+bfgoodrich_mud_terrain_km2.jpg

tirerack.com has it for $186 in this size 35X12.5R15

...I just seen this new MT/R in person and it looks like it's thickness only allows it 1/2 tread life...On top of that, it looks more like an A/T in person and does not have the aggressive features of the the original MT/R...

...Those BFG KM/2's look like what I may decide to also go with in the future and the price is awesome...

...The new MT/R's I saw were only available in 2 sizes...the 33" and 35 equivalent which I was told is only sold in the 17" wheel size...The price for a 315x70x17 was $412 before tax, mount and balance...:thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought 2 of the BFG's MT KM2's last week for the front of my Sport Trac. Size, 35x12.5x15 for $211/each from Discount Tire Co. 4Wheelparts had them for a lesser price, but they say they are way back ordered on them. The guy said the next batch in will just cover their current back orders. I'm too impatient to wait. :p:

...I just received my "Off Road Adventures" mag, edition, from 4wheelparts.com and it not only includes the King of the Hammers write up, but also a buyers guide for wheels and tires...

...They also have a whole article on their tire testing of the new MT/R out where the King of the Hammers was held...

..Walker Evans is also in the article as he tried out the new MT/R's in his buggy on the trail "Back door...

I thought the Kevlar would be better then %35 puncture resistance then none Kevlar. Oh well, my luck I would hit the rock that's %36 sharper LOL.

...The Dura-trac is as nice in person as it is in the pictures and the price is lower than the BFG A/T's I believe..:scratch:..My Ranger may see those in the distant Future but I have run the A/T's since before they were KO's...

..The new MT/R's do not look as good in person and to me, they just look like a pretty A/T and the price is ridiculous for them...

..If I was picking out new tires and they rolled out just only two to choose from , the Dura-Trac and the new MT/R and didn't care about what they cost, I would pick the Dura-trac..

...I think the Dura-Trac will give the A/T KO's a run for there money...As for the new MT/R, I think they invested the money into the Kevlar, spent what was left on looks...

...I am really anxious to hear other peoples thoughts after they see them in person, especially if someone was to compare them to their MT's...

Don't like what I,ve seen and read heard of the new MTR's. I'll stick to my older style, unless some one wants to trade me for KM2's:p:

I plan to but BFG AT's on the one-fitty by the end of the year. Probally a 33" or so.;)

Back