The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I could make this run. I had so much fun when I went last. It is kinda har to get out there being in Illinois now and also having a family now also makes it hard to make it to any runs.

I did see rock rangers truck in La Jolla when I was in San Diego for my Hunnymoon. I was out there Memorial Day week.:p: I am thinking about building another rig though. I am keping my eyes open for another 4x4 first gen explorer. I hope everyone has fun and keep the rubberside down.:thumbsup:

...Congrats on the family...:biggthump

...I was wondering where you had been as I will be in the LA area the end of next month and I was in San Diego for the last couple weeks..

...Be sure to stop over at the 1/4 mile track and catch a race...:D

I am living about a hundred miles west of Indy right now. I am married to a wonderful woman that puts up with my car fetish and I have two great step sons. I am really wanting to build another truck because my wife told me the jeep I baught her is not an offroad vehicle lol. She told me f I built my own then I can take it out and do what ever with it and she wont complain as long as we have the funds.:thumbsup:

Did you show her the "Trail Rated" badge, duh:rolleyes:

I tryed but she wouldn't have it so I rove over a boulder in a parking lot we were in and I drove over the large gravel pile on her parents farm with it.

...Over a hundred degree's in the middle of July bump...:D

...another freeway forecast...

...Besides the 91 being widened from the 241 to Corona for this run, they just started work today on widening the 57 from Brea north...It will also be under construction for the next couple of years..:(

OUCH TBARS!!! That's my arm your twisting there man!!!

I'm in and I'll likely bring one of my local buddies with me. My 3rd gen isn't super capable (pretty un-flexy and open diffs) so we may be lookin fer someone to ride-along with.

Do most of you guys camp or grab rooms in Borrego springs???

Just about everyone camps there.. IF your going to use a tent, bring BIG tent stakes since we get some Big W there sometimes...

I don't know for sure yet, but so far every trip (except 2) I've been to truckhaven I've arrived with all seats empty. There are always empty seats available..

~Mark

...If I bring my X I will usually have some empty seats too but like Maniak said, most either pitch tents, sleep in their rigs, and some even bring land yachts...

...We usually also have a "Not so Big Dog" run or two for stock, modified, and/or just getting to know the terrain, vehicles...If there is any interest I will bring my Ranger and volunteer my services for this group...:salute:

...:shifty_ey ..heads off to twist some more peoples arms...:p:

I might want to do a little dawgs run in my 2WD this time since i missed it the last time and lost the group. But i also don't want to miss the action in the big dawgs group. Hmm...

ill probly be on the not so big dawgs run. ive got open at least 2 open seats wether i bring the GF or not but im willing to try stuff ;):thumbsup: ive got body damage now woo!!! haha

and some even bring land yachts...

and with said land yachts comes power for lights and repairs, tables for potlucks, W breaks, and the infamous Sat night drive-n movie! complete with movie popcorn made fresh! Movies are set to run early to allow for the Night run.

Looks like I'm coming alone. Char is just starting a new job and won't be able to take a day off. Sadly she has a break in October from 9 - 17.

Lurking.gif

im in

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back