The next Truck Haven trip | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The next Truck Haven trip

it starting to look like forget about the tent and just sleep in the X.or our there any hotels out ythere on the cheap??
It is actually colder to sleep in a car than on the ground. Sheet metal does not make for good insulation. There are two hotels in Borrego Springs, don't know the names though.

John, you can come out with us, then you won't be alone..:p: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm out:thumbdwn: my truck won't be ready for this trip.

It is actually colder to sleep in a car than on the ground. Sheet metal does not make for good insulation. There are two hotels in Borrego Springs, don't know the names though.

John, you can come out with us, then you won't be alone..:p: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

yes but car has heater:D

Tom, DB sorry you guy's can't make it. Haven't seen you guy's in a while.

If it's going to be windy we can camp at our regular spot. Corva is the following weekend and it shouldn't be too bad. Let's decide because it looks like I'll be the first to arrive.

So far:
Me-arriving friday mid afternoon
Brian-friday night
Colin-friday night

How many are staying till Monday? I am.:D

Tom, DB sorry you guy's can't make it. Haven't seen you guy's in a while.

If it's going to be windy we can camp at our regular spot. Corva is the following weekend and it shouldn't be too bad. Let's decide because it looks like I'll be the first to arrive.

So far:
Me-arriving friday mid afternoon
Brian-friday night
Colin-friday night

How many are staying till Monday? I am.:D
Colin-Leaving Sunday

Colin is Winter coming along?

Be in Friday night, leaving Sunday. Normal spot is better for the moterhomes too, easyier to get in.

Dave, Get your but in your chevy and get out there. You can ride along:thumbsup:

So we got...

1.Froader
3.FAKRWEE
3.RangerX
4.Stic-o
5.Bkenndy

Maybe we'll get lucky and John will show up.:rolleyes:

Dave, Get your but in your chevy and get out there. You can ride along:thumbsup:

As much as i'd like to get out there, I need to work on the truck so I can wheel it again...plus i've got stuff around the house to take care of as well.

Ok Change of plans:rolleyes:

I'm coming out just for Saturday. Be there around 8 or 9, wheel have a nice tree burning camp fire and take off in the evening.

My motel and transport service is not available:D , and I didn't plan for camping...:( (need to air out tent and a bunch of other stuff.) That and it's going to be really cold at night so...that the sitro...

Ok Change of plans:rolleyes:

I'm coming out just for Saturday. Be there around 8 or 9, wheel have a nice tree burning camp fire and take off in the evening.

My motel and transport service is not available:D , and I didn't plan for camping...:( (need to air out tent and a bunch of other stuff.) That and it's going to be really cold at night so...that the sitro...
WIMP!!!!!!!:p:
Will be there Friday evening, will be leaving Sunday evening, or Monday early morning.

Maybe we'll get lucky and John will show up.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I want to go, but I'm already over-booked at work, my boys all have other plans, and we don't get Monday off. Have fun!

Is there cell service out there at TH. If there is i might be in, maybee.

I get verizon and cingular out there. Don't know about the other carriers.

I'll be getting there Friday afternoon and leaving same as Brian, either Sunday evening or Monday early.

Talked with Colin and he and Gopher are arriving Fridat night.

We are camping at our regular spot.

See ya out there:D

Sweet i have a confrence call i have to make sat so i guess iam back in. I didnt end up going to New Jersey i sent someone else. Verizon rules!

Sweet i have a confrence call i have to make sat so i guess iam back in. I didnt end up going to New Jersey i sent someone else. Verizon rules!

I use the verizon broadband card on my computer and have no problems accessing the internet form TH. Not bad.:D

I will be there sat morning 8 or 9ish leave sunday morning.

We usually get up around 8 and hit the trail 9 - 10, so you have a little buffer there.

BRING WOOD, IT'S GONNA BE COLD AT NIGHT!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fawk, I'm out. :( My F250 is down with clutch problems that I need to fix this weekend. :( :( :(

Back