• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
how can I resize my photos? I left my camera on the high setting and each picture is over 1mb

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
Wow, that last pic is fantastic!

Diff Whack Daddy

And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
Where's your bread bag limiting strap?:D

SVO

Moderator Emeritus/Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Turbocharged Navajo LX
Looks like it was an AWSOME trip, fantasic pictures, especially Mark's! ;)

Nice to see Mr.Rios out there too, guess he made a full recovery and is doing fine.

Thanx for sharing! :D

Felix

Reaction score
City, State
Agony, GA.. I mean Albany, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 F-150 Lariat 4x4
RockRanger said:
how can I resize my photos? I left my camera on the high setting and each picture is over 1mb

Hey Matt, I am having the same problem. Spent a few hours trying to get the pictures under 55KB and still veiwable. Its not easy and I gave up. Will try again tonight to get the posted.

Brother_of_Jefe

Elite Explorer ??
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Canyon Country, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Wrangler Sahara
Wow! Awesome trip!

REALLY enjoyed seeing some members of the original gang that I first wheeled with. Unfortunately, the main battery and the spare for my digital camera both gave up the ghost, so no pics :(

Exploderpilot

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Nuevo, CA (where?)
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Titan SE
i can't believe i missed this one....anyway, m.i.t. has my rear axle because i decided to find a way to fry the stock lim-slip clutches to the point that my spider and side geard were chewed up by all the pieces of metal floating around! but they are putting a locker in there after my failed attempt to do it myself, and also a nice burly diff cover with the stud girdles and all that. boo hoo

Felix

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 F-150 Lariat 4x4
I finally got my pics uploaded to the website. Sorry it took so long, I couldn't remember how to lower the rez on the pics at first. Anyways I put a link to my Truck Haven 2005 Photo Album on the first post.

Colin, I got those Pics e-mailed out to you tonight also.

Can't wait to get everyone back together for another run.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Okay now some of those pics might actually do t haven justice....pucker factor is HIGH...rollercoaster style

Matt your not getting any idea's here are you? I know the inline six is tempting but step away from the Jeep:
IMG_1128.jpg

I can almost hear you say "look how small that air intake horn thingy is on the airbox, how does it breathe?"

My daily driver is a 01 Wrangler Sahara while I do my 5.0L conversion, its a fun little Jeep with alot of balls! I will give it that, it also seems to go anywhere and through anything...but its really tempermental so I'll stick with my bronco.....

Felix, SAS turned out great! Very impressive for the first trip on the new digs...after seeing it perform what tweaks are you planning?
IMG_1148.jpg

Dave, Where's your flex pic?? :)

Felix

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 F-150 Lariat 4x4
Tweeks are going to be heim jointed track bar and stearing system. I am also putting together a M5OD swap. Once the tranny is swaped I am going to be getting an Atlas t-case and extending my radius arms w/ heim jointed ends (not sure how long it will take for the atlas to be purchased). I also need to trim my front fenders big time. Along with leveling out the rear of the truck like 1.5 to 3 inches will fix it.

Other than that a front locker is a must. That will be purchased and installed within the next few months along with the stearing and tranny.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Well okay then so you are like me and it will never end :)

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
here is a few of mine Ill resize more of them later

Attachments

• rick1.jpg
    rick1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 180
  • sammi1.jpg
    sammi1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 163

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
410Fortune said:
Matt your not getting any idea's here are you? I know the inline six is tempting but step away from the Jeep
:)

Acutally i was looking at how the motor layout was. That is the same motor (98 4.0) that we swaped in to tracys jeep. Just trying to see where everything origionally went verse were we put it cause it would fit.