The next Truck Haven trip | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The next Truck Haven trip

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In no particular order:

BKennedy
BrianClimb1.jpg

BrianDecend.jpg

BrianDecend1.jpg

BrianFlexRear.jpg

FROADER
ColinLedge.jpg

ColinWaterfall.jpg

Group
Group.jpg

Group1.jpg

ColinPhone.jpg

Stic-o
SticoLedge.jpg

SticoFlex2.jpg

SticoLedge2.jpg

FAKRWEE
TomClimb1.jpg

TomDecend1.jpg

TomPeak.jpg

The rest are in this gallery: http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3578

Jeez Brian, that really sucks:thumbdwn: Worst part is you weren't doing anything hardcore but then again it might have been worse if you had been.

Thanks Guys, its going into the body shop this week. I will keep everyone posted on the status. Its cheaper to go with fiberglass fenders and rear door skins, so it might get a total makeover. All the mechanics who looked at it said the roof and pillars are straight, so its fixable. Now its just a matter of money and time. My buddy Marc is doing a search for someone willing to make 2 inch flared fiberglass fenders, so they don't stick out so much.

Jeez Brian, that really sucks:thumbdwn: Worst part is you weren't doing anything hardcore but then again it might have been worse if you had been.
Usually in some hard core wheelin rollover, they just fall over and there is not too much damage. Hey, you fixed the Ranger when it went over, so I can get this fixed too, at least enough to wheel.

Great Pictures Colin:thumbsup:

:D I played with one
ColinSticoTop_copy.jpg

Should have something like this at the top of the SAS registry;)

Wecome to the club Brian. :roll: :D
And from your description, it can't look any worse than my "bad" side. :dunno: :p:

Stic-O, finding new ways to lift tires I see? :eek:

Well I'm back. Great weekend until bad luck hit Brian. It's been the second time wheeling I've gotten a Knot and sick cold feeling in my stomach, first time when I saw Bill roll the truck and the second time Sunday when a kid told me a white explorer just like mine was on it's side. By the time I got there Brian was out of the truck and walking around, the explorer wasn't so lucky. I had told his wife to stay in the Motor home until I saw what was going on but next thing I see is Brians wife running toward us at supersonic speed. She was very relieved to see no injuries as was Sara. I think I'm getting too old for this.

On the lighter side on our last trip out, before we left, Brian let his daughter Sara drive back to the campground. She actually drives better than Ray Lobato:D (Where are you)

Anyway I know Brian will be back wheeling faster than you can say officer Brian (It was the dirt) kennedy.:burnout: :biggthump

Great seeing everone and thanks for the help changing fenders.

Thanks Guys, its going into the body shop this week. I will keep everyone posted on the status. Its cheaper to go with fiberglass fenders and rear door skins, so it might get a total makeover. All the mechanics who looked at it said the roof and pillars are straight, so its fixable. Now its just a matter of money and time. My buddy Marc is doing a search for someone willing to make 2 inch flared fiberglass fenders, so they don't stick out so much.

Perry's will prob make you a set, but its going to cost$$$$. They'll have to make molds.

Sorry to here about this. My attitude towards to offroading is sooner or later, this happens. Sorry to see it occur so soon.

Brian, you should come on out anyway in Feb, Explorer or no Explorer. We'll have a wake for it on Friday night..

Glad to hear you are ok Brian, vehicles can be repaired or replaced, people cant.

Kinda off topic but I've got a few questions:

I have always heard truckhaven is just a little ways past Ocotillo wells. Is this true and if so, how much farther?

My little bro has a bronco with a small lift that wants to start offroading. I would love to be able to run my truck around ocotillo if it is indeed close to truckhaven, and then maybe jump in his for truckhaven and meet up with you guys. Are their any trails suitable for just a 4x4 bronco on 33's or better yet for me out there?:D

I would really like to come out there and meet some of you guys because it looks like you had a really good time and I've never made and EF trip

its going to cost$$$$. They'll have to make molds.

Agreed. I can't imagine it being cheaper to get new glass made. All the money is making the molds. I don't believe there is anyone that makes a 2" pull for the rear already either.

I would just run it as long as the doors seal. Then you won't be as worried about the body when you're out wheelin, but we all know how I feel about that. :D

Agreed. I can't imagine it being cheaper to get new glass made. All the money is making the molds. I don't believe there is anyone that makes a 2" pull for the rear already either.

I would just run it as long as the doors seal. Then you won't be as worried about the body when you're out wheelin, but we all know how I feel about that. :D
Found the glass with a little over 2" flare. Its at Fiberworx. Gonna have it all put on first, then its going to the body shop for a crappy paint job. I might just make it out there.

Transmission line broke off where it mounts near the top, with the threads stuck in the tranny. Broke because it was too close to the transmission hump and seemed to be rubbing for awhile. It will now have 45 degree mounting hardware which will keep it out of the way.
Transmission
Tranny_1.jpg

Rollover damage
Rollover_2.jpg

Rollover_1.jpg

Rollover_3.jpg

Marc's new shop (SKG) in Poway
SKG.jpg

There are some dents in the roof that I am just going to leave in there, and I want to get the body mostly straight but not too good where I will be afraid to wheel in it. As it is right now, you can't open the right front door and the hood is wedged against he fender.

Oh, I would like to add a HUGE THANK YOU to Tom, Chief of the FAKAWEE tribe for hanging with me and trying to cheer me up. Tom, you are a true friend.:thumbsup: :p:

Found the glass with a little over 2" flare. Its at Fiberworx. Gonna have it all put on first, then its going to the body shop for a crappy paint job. I might just make it out there.

Transmission line broke off where it mounts near the top, with the threads stuck in the tranny. Broke because it was too close to the transmission hump and seemed to be rubbing for awhile. It will now have 45 degree mounting hardware which will keep it out of the way.
Transmission
Tranny_1.jpg

Rollover damage
Rollover_2.jpg

Rollover_1.jpg

Rollover_3.jpg

Marc's new shop (SKG) in Poway
SKG.jpg

There are some dents in the roof that I am just going to leave in there, and I want to get the body mostly straight but not too good where I will be afraid to wheel in it. As it is right now, you can't open the right front door and the hood is wedged against he fender.

Sweet i was hoping you could, that is the rear glass right.

Awesome---no serious injuries!!!! Definitely could have been worse. Roll-cage??? My employee and I were talking today at lunch about how afraid he is of a roll-over.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see what the problem is.:dunno: It looks like Jefe's truck now. :p:

Back