The original CoryL rock sliders... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The original CoryL rock sliders...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Soundguy01tx
Very cool... haha, and wow, you drive a cow! Lol, jk... I can tell the "winter camo" look your going for haha...
--Bryan

Ya, CoryL painted it that color and I have kept it this far as kind of a tribute to him, but I have changed enough stuff on it that it is now time for a new paint job... I'm thinking a nice plain old GREY.:)

ITS GOT A D44 NOW DOESNT IT?
I almost bought that old cut and turned TTB setup, glad I didn't, got to build my own instead, and I increased the track width instead of reducing it :) Of course it took two tries for us to get it right, first set we built was tooooooooooo short.

Good lookin BII, always loved that COW. I need to build some sliders B 4 moab, similar to those except I think I am gonna hack off the stock rocker panel a little.......

Does that sucker have a 4.0L in it?

Originally posted by 410Fortune
ITS GOT A D44 NOW DOESNT IT?
I almost bought that old cut and turned TTB setup, glad I didn't, got to build my own instead, and I increased the track width instead of reducing it :) Of course it took two tries for us to get it right, first set we built was tooooooooooo short.

Good lookin BII, always loved that COW. I need to build some sliders B 4 moab, similar to those except I think I am gonna hack off the stock rocker panel a little.......

Does that sucker have a 4.0L in it?

I wish it had a D44... it is still the same setup as CoryL had, 2.9 EFI, D35 cut turned and a stock 7.5... the 35 has a EZ-locker and the 7.5 is welded now. I have a 302 and 8.8 out of a F-150 waiting on funds for an install. New baby this year kind of stoped me in my tracks as far as mods go.:(

Despite the shatty pics, the boggers look great on that truck! I hope they help destroy the driveline quicker! :p

well depending on what you use it for, I really love my cut and turned D35 TTB (88 BII)
I am getting like 12" of ariculation from my setup now, being limited by the stock steering setup and urethane radius arm bushings.

I like the TTB for it's on the street ride (towing and roadtrips), also its ability to soak up bumps.

Are you going to leave the 8.8 full width? :) cool!

What about the bolt circle? I assume you are planning a D44 SAS at the same time as the 8.8.

BII's on full width axles kick ass.......lots of trimming though (believe its been done on that truck already)

Nice to see it still going strong and looking great....How many owners has that thing had? hahaha....

here's mine:
Dead Link Removed

(cut and paste)

Let me know when you'reready for a OHV 4.0L in that monster.
I loved the 2.9L revver but it isn up to the task, would be a great engine in a 2wd Ranger.......

I do plan on keeping the D35, but I'm not cutting the 8.8 down... this is a trail only rig and it will never see the road again. I'm switching the front coils and rear leafs with a set of Skyjacker 6" coils and leafs. The front coils on it now are too heavy and limit my front travel.

Pete, I'm hoping the boggers blow the 7.5 up so I have an excuse to do the 8.8 swap sooner.;)

Wish I had an old BII, they look like alot of fun and I bet you can have one for CHEAP and then just beat the crap outta it! Got tire rub? Who needs fenders? ;)

BII with a FI 5.0 auto atlas II and dana 60's moved further towards the front and rear, with a nice cage and big meats would make for a great wheelin rig if ya ask me. But what do I know? :confused:

Originally posted by SplashMan
Here is a picture of what I am pretty sure are the first set of Rock Sliders that CoryL made... I've used them numorus times to change tires and once to get pulled back on a trail... VERY strong.

Hey Brian,

Could you please tell me, what rock sliders are. I've heard them mentioned around the forum and wondered what they were.

Nice rig you have there. :)

I've got a set just like those on my b2....Cory made, of course. Very strong :D

Back