• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

The rig gets some much needed TLC

wood1

Reaction score
City, State
North of Edmonton
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT, Cayman Green RIP
Love those welds Josh. You got game...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

colindo94

Reaction score
City, State
Cameron Park, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
37's

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
I think everyone is pretty much going to say 37's. :D

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Had a few too many last night and inadvertently blew the majority of my paycheck on some goodies for the race motor:D
Hooker Blockhugger headers

K&N 4"x14" intake

Trickflow fabricated aluminum valve covers

Also threw together the crappy mockup motor last night, waiting on the rest of the parts i just ordered to get the footprint for building around. Need to get my tires and beadlocks...looking at Walker Evans beadlocks, 17"

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Never go grocery shopping when hungry, and never buy goodies for your truck when intoxicated.

And i vote 37s too. :)

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Never go grocery shopping when hungry, and never buy goodies for your truck when intoxicated.

And i vote 37s too. :)
Words of wisdom! :chug: I ALWAYS find myself grocery shopping when I am super hungry, buy $100 worth of crap then get home and wonder what the heck I am going to eat for dinner??

I'll go take a snapshot of the mockup motor for kicks...Warning: It ain't pretty!

I'm kinda leaning towards MT/R's for this thing, what do y'all think? I always thought I wanted BFG AT's for the desert, but I'm thinking I need something more aggresive.

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
I just re-read the whole thread from the beginning and WOW I used to do some pretty hack work lol. Thanks to y'all for supporting me along the way. Here are a couple pics of the crappy mock-up motor. Remember, this is a MOCK-UP MOTOR which does not represent the motor that will eventually be dropped into this truck.

It was definitely interesting for me to go back and look at the old crappy shock hoops I was trying to wedge around the brake booster. Learned my lesson...never try to "half" build a truck, you need to go all the way.

P3140060.jpg

P3140059.jpg

Ohhhhhhh and for another interesting update...you guys remember that sweet ranger I built this summer? 2000 4x4 4.0L DBR kit? Yep, turns out it will soon be mine.Thread here

Selling this:
P7030001.jpg

For this:
P8150005.jpg

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Got some welding that needed to be done on the cage finished, gonna be a PITA to fix the body lol...Bondo;)
P3140006.jpg

Got the driver's seat in, need to make more tabs to mount the pass side.
P4040002.jpg

Rolled a new 35" BFG KM2 from a customer's rig over to the explorer for fun. I'm thinkin 35's are gonna be the ticket.
P4040005.jpg

410Fortune

Flood Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
37 37 37 cough cough

check out the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, its a great tire for a mostly trail rig IMO, sand, rocks, mud, snow, these tires kick ass

I love the MTR but they are getting to be old technology

XLT9

Reaction score
City, State
BC canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT Sohc
your welds are amazing, subscribing

XLT9

Reaction score
City, State
BC canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT Sohc
anything new?

chezoom

Reaction score
City, State
plano texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03' F-150 Super Crew
subscribing

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Well she is for sale sadly. Don't have enough time/$$$ to build two rigs and the ranger has more potential for what I intend to do. It is a great platform with all of the PITA work already done. Just needs suspension and a driveline!:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

aiiraciing

Reaction score
City, State
OC
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Sport Trac
What ever happened with this Exploder? Did it get sold o finished