The SAS test

ahhjaws

Moab Edition Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
Well, after getting my truck in shape, studying for and completing 2 tests last week for school, I finally got to go out and test my truck out. I was so busy I didn't even know if the 4WD worked until saturday. But thats what we tested first on our trial run. 4WD checks out...

Now before starting an exercise program, one must first strech and get loosened up.

Rampart01-A.jpg

Rampart02-A.jpg

Then one must run up and down stairs.

Rampart03-A.jpg

Rampart04-A.jpg

Rampart05-A.jpg

Rampart06-A.jpg

Rampart07-A.jpg

Rampart10-A.jpg

I really didn't think I would make over these two steps, one was about 2' high, and the other was about 1.5', but I went up and over with no problems, no spinning, no nothing! The sand we thought would be a problem, since all the rocks were covered but nothing happened.

Next in the exercise program one must go cross country over many hills, step inclines, and rocks.

Rampart08-A.jpg

Rampart09-A.jpg

All in all, my truck worked perfectly, no problems at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really nice! Is that truck still a DD? I'm glad everything worked the first time, it makes it that much better! :D

Thats awesome, what springs and RA's are you using?

Very nice Chris.

Nice!

(but those aren't real ledges ;) )

Originally posted by nweibley
Looks really nice! Is that truck still a DD? I'm glad everything worked the first time, it makes it that much better! :D

Yeah, it's still my DD, but I'll probably get something else in the next year or so. I calculated it to be about 13mpg now, but it's worth it. :D

Originally posted by Chew_12
Thats awesome, what springs and RA's are you using?

They are both from James Duff

"Yeah, it's still my DD, but I'll probably get something else in the next year or so. I calculated it to be about 13mpg now, but it's worth it. :D"

dang i thats all i get right now

:eek:

Originally posted by Alec
Nice!

(but those aren't real ledges ;) )

heh! Bring on the tough ones, I didn't even need lockers for those. lol:D

It will be fun in Moab next year.

Splat did 3' square ledges with 31s, 6' rounded ledges :D

I'm sure you'll have lots and lots of fun with that setup, you have one of the most capable DD's anywhere.

It looks great you are my idol( well i just want mine a lil taller) but i bow down ..(insert the bowing down smily :D )

But it does look good.... the brake lines give you ne problems ??

PEACE

Originally posted by XplorerKid

But it does look good.... the brake lines give you ne problems ??

PEACE

Nope, the brake lines are fine, they even have more slack in them too, but I don't think I've tried doing my full flex yet either.

I don't think it will go too much further than this pic. The pas rear was starting to loose a little traction right before I stoped to take the pic.

sas-flex_0117-A.jpg

But that is because the shocks limit the flex as of now.

The color of the JD parts really match your truck!!

Congrats on the build-up!!

SWEEEEEEEET! :D

So what were you going to do about the shocks limiting the travel? Was it just that the upper mounts needed to be lowered?

Very nice, I`m a little jealos actually, because it kind of looks like mine, but has that great SAS setup.

sweet

Chris-

Just wondering, where were those pics taken at???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! WOW! Anyone want to do mine?:D

Back