They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived... | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived...

I am home now from the hospital. Not doing too well. This was terrible. Took a quick minute to post these. Will explain more of this terrible accident later.

21512DSC00167.JPG

21512DSC00168.JPG

21512DSC00169.JPG

21512DSC00170.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was in shock when i read the title.. Glad that everyones ok.. Feel better Ron..

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Just saw this today. Glad you and your daughter are alright.

Its a shame to see your truck go. You put a lot of hard work into it. Seems like all the nice street trucks are being sold off or are dying off. I'm sure you'll buy another one and this time you'll have all the experience to build an even better one.

Good luck with everything and get better!

Holy **** man.
Glad you're ok but geeze that looks pretty bad.

Wow. Just saw this thread. I'm sorry for what happened. Hope you and your daughter have a speedy recovery.

Sorry if i missed this as I am in a hurry to head out, but did anyone give a statement that said it was the green trucks fault? is he at fault? or if your insurance still covering it to screw you over more?

Witnesses gave statements, but I am not sure what they said or saw. No matter, I still got the ticket. Will beat that in courts though, hopefully. I have a strong feeling I will end up with an empty pot when this is all said and done. Saw the Kelly Blue Book on my Explorer. The last time I looked, it was worth 10K, now it is down to 6K. That is 1 heck of a drop.

You didn't have any special insurance for the aftermarket stuff, and the actual value?

you can negoitate with the insurance company if they try to lowball you.... just show them all the beautiful pictures you have and let them know that it was mint...and that your really took care of it... most companies will inspect to give you real value ...within reason... how long has it been since you bought it and did you pay cash or take out a loan....if you took out a loan it will probably be insured for that value ... not blue book.... not book value... there probably not going to cover aftermarket stuff so your probably out on the wing and the lights and the airdam and tires and wheels ... but most of the other stuff is recoverable....

if they do find it is the other persons fault you can always take it to small claims court to recover health costs / missed work and stuff like that....

accident

to reiterate what already has been said. I'm sorry about your X. First you and your dtr survived, that's the ultimate, second you took care of your x and in the end it took care of you.

I'm sure a lot of time and sweat went into that vehicle and it would be hard to say goodbye to something that has served you well.

sad story, the most important thing is that you're safe.

damn man, im sorry to hear the terrible news! Your X was amazing.. Its good to know you and your daughter are safe though!

Jw - did anyone see the person who pulled out in front of you ? This exact thing happened to my dad, someone pulled out in front of him, from a completly stopped lane, he was going about 60mph+ in a f550? (the type used by companies), he swerved and took out a bunch of cars. He said he wouldve given anything to get an ID on the guy who pulled out in front of him.

Also I might have a 1998 XLT cherry red ford explorer up for sale soon if your interested.

So, it's been a few weeks, how's your daughter doing?

I've heard that after traumatic accidents, most pre-teens suffer with everything from nightmares to nighttime incontinence to severe headaches, and they often don't talk about it because they blame themselves for the accident. (Logically, we all know it's not her fault, but she may think she somehow diverted your attention and you otherwise could have avoided the first vehicle.)

So have you spoken with her about the accident? How's she handling it?

Hope all is going well with ya BBQ, are all the bumps and scrapes gettin' healed up OK. Give ya daughter a hug, everything will work out in the end. Just keep ya head up and thank who ever you beleive in that y'all got outta that.

Glad your ok. what's the deal with all these explorers rolling. Is the X prone to flipe very easily? there have been a couple of truck on this site that have flipped in the last month.

cybercreeper said:
Glad your ok. what's the deal with all these explorers rolling. Is the X prone to flipe very easily? there have been a couple of truck on this site that have flipped in the last month.

are you being serious with this question?

One thing I can say is GLAD YOU GUYS WERE NOT INJURED! Every time I look at the Explorer in front of me on the highway I get chills through my spine. I was in your exact situation before when a cabby cut me off while I was doing 75 mph in the left lane. I was able to recover though probably due to the fact that traffic was light and I had plenty of room on my left side... I did not clip any cars and barelly missed the cement median barrier. After that incident I decided to stiffenmy truck. Do you ever notice how rear wheels on Explorers and tucked in? there is no reason for that. You can get a wider stance to spread weight a bid and lower center of gravity. I removed factory teardrops and replacd them with 15X8 rims with 31 inch tires. I then added AAL in the rear, cranked front a bit and replaced shocks with stiff Skyjackers. It made the ride a bit stiffer but a hell of a lot safer. I was then in a similar situation and was able to control my truck without the unnecessary roll.

Once again, glad you and your daughter made it in one piece. Truck can be replaced.
It's awfully hard to prove sometimes that someone cut you off...
Good luck!

Ronnie, you truck was an inspiration to me and everyone else on this board. Im very sorry to see it go, but the important thing is that you and your loved ones are o.k., God bless you and may your next endeavor be as awsome looking as the 1st

sooo sorry! One of the top 5 trucks on this whole site!! :(

hey, im glad to see your (for the most part) alright and your daughter too. and sorry about your car. im shure it was your baby. best of wishes. get better, and better luck with what ever car you get next.
peace,
Josh

Back