• Register Today It's free!

Thinking SAS

bushe

Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Limited Edition
I have been thinking about a SAS lately and have been in search for a axle. I have possibly found a 83 waggy axle it currently has a SUA configuration and i would like to keep it this way possibly for a short time and get it running with the stock waggy steering. Until i have the funds for a hysteer setup. But i was wondering how much lift if any would this supply if any. Using the waggy springs i was thinking it that it would atleast give is alittle lift because of its bigger engine but am not quite sure. Thanks for any help you an supply

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont know anyone who is doing a SUA SAS, but maybe around 2-3" of lift. If you go SOA, done by everyone I know it give you around 7". But, if you have to ask about a sas on this forum, it simply becomes a question on when you will be starting. :D

adding to the question of when you will be starting
rockramp.jpg

223222_153_full.jpg

LC_5.jpg

1600FelixFENDER1.jpg

9352l3.JPG

25390sasflex2.JPG

well im startin this summer!!

I know everyone goes with a SOA in the front with the leafs but i was thinking a wanted SUA in the front because i dont currently want to much lift. This truck is still going to be my DD and i want to just be able to run around 33's which i know is no problem with a lift. By going solid i see that it will be easy to lift it up higher if i ever feel the need too. Also the steering will be easy leaving it SUA until i can gain enough skill,knowledge and parts to set up a hysteer setup.

you do have a point....there is no reason why you cant just keep it SUA, most of the guys who go SOA do it for the readon to clear bigger tires and they wheel a lot. But its your truck

You can fit 33s with a 3" body lift. You'll just have to clearance the firewall. Save you a lot of time and money. I wouldn't waste the time to go SUA if later on you might go higher. Just do it right the first time and you're good. Jefe's was a DD and mine is fine for a DD. They're only like 5.5"-7" of lift with 35s.

But i want solid and with solid it with have the potential to go up to a SOA and be higher if i ever want it to be.

Plus I WANT SOLID

Yeah i don't know though the hysteer seems hard and expensive. I will probably end doing a SOA in the front any ways because once you get a little you always want more.

bushe said:
Yeah i don't know though the hysteer seems hard and expensive.
Its not that much more expensive, just a few hundred - knuckles you can get for $50-$80 (additional machining if needed: usually ~$40-$50 per knuckle), the arms themselves will run you ~$100 for a pair. the tubing you'll just have to fab up on ur own like everything else.

you dont need to go hysteer, I have seen a waggy d44 with waggy leafs before, SOA and it ran the standard waggy steering. Drives around the street just fine.

Thanks guy i think i will end up with SOA because 2-3in isnt enough wanted it to match the rear SOA. I only want like 4-5in Lift so i may end up taking a leaf out of the pack but we will see. But now its back to axle hunting hopefully i can find one before mid-april so i can start it them while i am on vacation

Back