Those looking for other brake options... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Those looking for other brake options...

ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I am a frequent poster over on the SHO boards. There is a member there (aaron240) who makes some things for the SHO and he's recently began offering a front brake upgrade that is, in my opinion, a very awesome upgrade and good middle ground between the "slightly better than OEM" Powerstops and the "gone down the deep end" TCE kit.

I personally have the TCE kit and I love them, but to many, they are quite expensive and I can understand that. Not to mention, you lose the rear e-brake. I'm here to tell you that I'm certain his kit will fit the Explorer, however, just as with the TCE kit, there were some other things that needed minor adjustment. I needed a longer brakeline as well as an adapter that is the transition between the car side and the brakeline. Wasn't a big deal as TCE has em in stock.

Anyway, just figured I'd pass this onto you guys who may be adventerous and try and get these to fit. I can't say for certain, but Aaron is a good guy and he may be willing to work something out with the first person with an Explorer to scoop one up as beta testing...

I'm on the edge, just the brake line concerns me (don't want to have to source all the parts myself) as I know the SHO one won't fit our Exp.

I'm on the edge, just the brake line concerns me (don't want to have to source all the parts myself) as I know the SHO one won't fit our Exp.
Yeah, it's a valid concern...I went through like 8 sets before we got the proper one. Luckily, Todd at TCE is awesome and he bit the cost on each set every time it didn't fit right.

Back