Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner

zecolleman

Reaction score
City, State
Skagströnd ICELAND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 limited
So I didn´t get my CRC Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner that I order from ebay and it seam to be hard to find CRC here in Iceland so is there another cleaner that is ok to use on 2004 V8?

Thanks And Mary Christmas And Happy New Year

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3M makes a throttle body cleaner. Not sure if it is any easier to get.

Thanks but I just have found one cleaner here that is for throttle body and that is "Wurth Carburettor and Air Intake Cleaner" and then just some carburettor cleaner. Maby I try to order another one from this one ebay seller that have this crc cleaner...

This is what the dealer here in Icelands uses on throttle body.

http://www.belladd.dk/eng/home.asp?ServiceRens 4=&ContentID=147

ServiceRens 4
Special cleaning agent for cleaning throttle valves, idle systems and for lambda sensor.ServiceRens 4 is used to clean petrol engine throttle valves, idle valves (idle regulator valves), lambda sensors and air intake systems. Used in major and minor services or to solve running problems due to coke and contaminants on throttle valves, idle valves or in air intake systems. The product is sprayed directly onto and around the throttle valve while the engine is running at fast idle speed.

REMEMBER: do not spray through the air mass meter.
ServiceRens 4 does NOT contain alcohol or metals which can damage fuel systems, engines or catalysers.

So dose anyone know this stuff? and know if is ok to use on throttle body with coating?

So dose anyone know this stuff? and know if is ok to use on throttle body with coating?

I think the 3rd. generations came with Throttle Bodies not to be cleaned by solvents of any kind. Best source to check with is Ford. My '04 has a warning label underhood to that effect. Have heard of guys having problems after "cleaning" throttle body......The problem with "drive by wire" system is that one can no longer rotate the throttle plate by hand to check it's freedom of movement; it's connected to an electric motor now! :(
imp

I checked my throttle body to day and it was messy. I cleand it best I could just with clean cloth. And by the way mine is "drive by wire" an I could move the throttle plate just fine with my hands but I noticed that it could by closeed litle more if you pushed it that way. So here is my quastion when the throttle is not pushed at should the throttle plate by 100% vertical?

Do not spray cleaner in there! Cost me $300.00 to find out that it wiil screw it up and cost the shop that sprayed it in there even more!
Had to take it to the dealer so it could be reprogrammed AFTER the TPS and throttle body was replaced. If you need to have it serviced take it to a dealer.
Let them worry with it.

I checked my throttle body to day and it was messy. I cleand it best I could just with clean cloth. And by the way mine is "drive by wire" an I could move the throttle plate just fine with my hands but I noticed that it could by closeed litle more if you pushed it that way. So here is my quastion when the throttle is not pushed at should the throttle plate by 100% vertical?

I don't know the specifics of your Ex, but every FI car I've owned, including my 2002 4.6L V8 Explorer had a fully shut (vertical) throttle plate when at rest, as the idle air flow goes through the aptly-named Idle air control (IAC) valve.

Back