to the people that have wheel spacers: | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

to the people that have wheel spacers:

armysoldier30263

Reaction score
City, State
Shaw AFB, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 BLACK 4.0 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those'll work fine. but are you going to couple those with your new rims? if so, that will give you roughly -20 offset and your rims will be sticking waaaay out from the truck. i'd say just go with 1/2" or 12/13mm spacers. that will put you at about +5/+6 offset which will look a lot less odd

i cant find any 1/2 bolt on spacers just the slide on ones but no im not going to shove them out THAT far lol i still want tire in the fender but do you have a link to smaller ones? the smallest on ebay is 1 inch

im getting 1 inch spacers ... with that they will stick out like the ones in the other thread with -6 offset ... i am correct right?!?! lol

im getting 1 inch spacers ... with that they will stick out like the ones in the other thread with -6 offset ... i am correct right?!?! lol

The lower the offset the farther put the wheel will sit so -20 will not look like -6
The farther out you go the more strain you put on wheel bearings etc..

Look at the other thread about wheels ... I ordered 8.5 wheel with 5.4 backspacing +19 offset ... pretty sure they will rub so I ordered 1 inch spacers that will bring it out to 4.5 backspacing with -6a offset which should look like kazers wheel pic in my wheel thread ... the one in the shop with the stock tire still on the rear ...... am I correct with my measuring?

Yeah. An inch is 25.4mm so -6 is right. However, with a one inch spacer you will have to cut a few threads off your stock wheel studs, so your rim will sit flush to the spacer

what did you use to cut threads? ive never done it and kinda scared lol

:dunno: put the spacer on and see how much stud sticks out, mark where you need to cut, take the spacer off, screw a lugnut onto each stud, then take a cut off disc and cut where marked then unscrew the lugnut to fix the damaged threads

Before you throw away the packaging though, test fit the rim on the truck, its possible that you won't need the spacers

oh yea ill definitely do that but im kinda liking the look your truck had with the 20s the way they stuck out a little

got the wheels in today ... they will fit in the air but not when lowered ... but the spacers are on the way

37034836379990_100002204275482_534723_2002120033_n.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic but just wanted to show em off :D

looks good! why won't they fit when lowered...?

And changing wheels shouldn't require a drill bit that long, LOL!

When its lifted the knuckle rests on the coil spring and I have a inch and a half of clearance on the new wheel and knuckle but when the tire is on the ground there was only about a finger length spacing between the knuckle and stock wheel does that make sense? Lol and I had the stock jack handle attached to the drill but do you really like it? I like em but kinda unsure of the bling factor lol

Are they Chrome or machined finish? They are kinda blingy but they'll grow on you. it Could be worse, they could be all black(no offense to those that have all black rims). I just don't care for the look, except on some vehicles. Looking forward to pics when the spacers come in. You have a silverado right? Get your bfgs mounted on the new rims and just see if they clear, if not, let the truck sit for a week

They are machined ... hopefully they'll grow on me ... don't wanna look like the wheels cost twice as much as the whole truck lol and gotta wait till I get the spacers cause the wife has to take our son to school so gotta have both vehicles functional but even the wife is excited about em and that says something ... she's always complaining about spending the money on it lol but the spacers are supposed to be in on Saturday so I should have the wheels on by monday

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no too much positive offset and a 8.5 wheel is also a factor

Back