• Register Today It's free!

k&N gen 2 filter

mikeresin

Reaction score
City, State
san rafael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 sport, 90gt
all right guys i just found thi one and was wondering if anyone here has one and what they think of it.
i perticuarly like it becuase of the heat sheild
K&N gen 2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Generation II K&N FIPK is not available on the Explorer. Your only choice for the FIPK is the Generation I which is the kit minus the intake tube and heat shield.

it says it is. in the link. says for 95-97 explorers with the cylindrical airbox

Kit #572513 is the Generation I kit. This is the kit I have on mine. Look at the description "K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit *For 1997 Models- Kit will only work with FA-1641 cylindrical style air filters." I don't understand why they say it will fit the cylindrical style air filters only though. I had no problems mounting it in place of my square air-filter and air-box that came on my SOHC. If it was a Generation II kit, it would be in the description like the Chevy C/K is "5730131 K&N Generation II Fuel Injector Kit Fits C/K (old body style) only" If you notice that when you fill in the vehicle application information section for the Generation II, it comes back with a message "We're sorry, but this part is not currently available for your vehicle."

oh. damn. oh well ill get the kkm i suppose then.

I emailed K&N about a Gen II for newer explorers and they said that one is in the works. It may be available later this year.

thats cool. i think im just going to buy the kkm. and make my own cold air scoop. and attempt to rig a heat shield.

it's a good idea. too bad they dont make them for explorers. :(

lots of companys dont make s*** for our explorers. :mad:
it's only one of the most popular SUVs on the road.

yeh its been the highest selling suv for over 10 years now. yet they make more for all the other suv's

Back