Torque converter fluid change

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
Is there any way to change the fluid in the torque converter without pulling the transmission. Wondering if that would solve my torque converter code.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's the torque converter code?

And I seriously doubt changing the fluid in it will change anything.

What's the torque converter code?

And I seriously doubt changing the fluid in it will change anything.
The one for torque not locking into to overdrive. The thing is I've already done a flush I guess time to do more research.

The one for torque not locking into to overdrive. The thing is I've already done a flush I guess time to do more research.
Have you tried the sticky I posted at the top of this forum? Try this first.

Torque converter lock, and overdrive, are 2 complete different functions. The torque converter locks via an electric clutch, and will lock in 3rd gear if the gear selector is not in od
What is the exact code . Digits please, not description.

The fluid in the converter is the same fluid that flows through the rest of the trans. It isn’t a separate closed system.

the TC uses the same fluod as the rest of the trans and the 5r55e has no TC plug iirc. if you are set on flushing the TC bess bet is keep drain and efill a few times. if you already did a flush and it didnt solve itnot sure itll work this time. does the TC only not lock in OD? or will it lock in other gears too? TC doesnt just lock in OD etc

Back