TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Here is the arp bolt thread. CLICK

I will find the part number soon for the gaskets and edit this post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm done! If she ever actually DOES call me back I'm going to demand that my deposit be returned. It has been almost 4 months since I made the initial payment and I have not heard a damn thing even when I send her a message. I tried to call to call the shop but nothing.

I'm in charge of 100 people nationwide that are in a sales/customer service field and if I got word that they were treating our customers this way there would be hell to pay.

YoungMounty said:
For all you TMH guys. Scrap the gaskets it comes with and invest in Percy's Seal-4-Good aluminum gaskets.
:D

the Percy's 66018 gaskets don't fit my 99 5.0L block, don't know which 5.0L they do fit, but not this one. I spoke to tech support at Percy's/Taylor and they said "just go ahead and put 'em on". They don't even come close to matching the port size on this engine, and won't seal against the block or flange, waaay to big. I sent them back to summit. The Percy's square port 5.0L version might fit(?).

bronchole said:
Which gaskets and bolts dod you order? How did you choose them? Did the install go OK?

Yes! I got 'er done. I ended up using the supplied gaskets with copper rtv sealant, hopefully they hold up a while, no leaks but only over 2 months now. I would have used the Percy's, but nope. This install took me about 14-15 hours, a whole weekend :eek: As some others must have experienced, the rear motor mount bolt is literally impossible to get to after the headers were in. I never could get to it...

The ARP 400-1110 Header Bolts work excellent, after 2 months of daily driving, only 2 bolts needed a slight re-torque. I used permatex anti-sieze on them.

FWIW, I got a call about a week ago from someone at Al's asking if I had recieved my headers. I got the feeling they weren't sure if they had sent them out to me or not, could be wrong though.

GOOD LUCK GUYS

You know, when all said and done, I really don't believe you need to buy up-charge gaskets or bolts to make this install work. I did the Percy's gaskets and finally removed the one on the drivers side as it would not allow me to start the bolts on the front of the header without cross threading. Also the bolts supplied allow you to get a better grip on the bolt head from an angle in order the tighten them up. The ones suggested don't give you as much purchase to tighten in some of the tighter spots. I just feel like you are throwing money away by not using what is in the box from Al's.

Not to be rude or anything but im begining to feel like i got ripped off, its been 4 months sence they took half of my payment and i havent heard anything about my headers. I tired to text Erica about two weeks ago and she said that she would get her brother to contact me, well i still havent heard from him. I know she just had her baby, but shouldnt there be someone else there to take phone calls and stuff while shes on mat leave?

Classic way they do business. Not good at answering phones, miss their deadlines repeatedly, won't return emails and takes a long time to get their product.

I waited 4-5 months then received my headers. Just get used to it. They will come. Nothing you can do to speed up the process.... They will not rip you off!

Not to be rude or anything but im begining to feel like i got ripped off, its been 4 months sence they took half of my payment and i havent heard anything about my headers. I tired to text Erica about two weeks ago and she said that she would get her brother to contact me, well i still havent heard from him. I know she just had her baby, but shouldnt there be someone else there to take phone calls and stuff while shes on mat leave?

While I may not feel like I'm being ripped off, the wait has been getting kinda old, pretty much to a point where I want to cancel my order.

Plus I just blew the engine in my mom's car (even though it wasn't my fault) and that $350 I spent already sounds like it'll come in handy right now.

Well i have some good news, after calling them for about three weeks i finally got ahold of someone, not sure who it was but they said the they had like 55 sets coming back from the coaters and by firday we should get an email or call

well i have some good news, after calling them for about three weeks i finally got ahold of someone, not sure who it was but they said the they had like 55 sets coming back from the coaters and by firday we should get an email or call

s.s.d.d.

God does my truck need a set of these but I just cant get off my wallet for them. I almost thing besides the coating I could make them

So what is the status here? I am just seeing this thread and wondering if there is a way for me to get a set for my 96 Explorer. Did I miss the boat?

Yea I still want a set too. I just don't have the funds yet.

If anyone wants out I'll buy your spot. I don't mind waiting.

If anyone wants out I'll buy your spot. I don't mind waiting.

I'd take you up on it but I ordered the "Ranger Swap" headers. I don't exactly know what the difference is, but I know I got the early internal EGR one. If you get a hold of her try to see if you can find out the difference and see if its not too late to switch it. I can use the cash right now.

I also am one that has been waiting for a while. Order was placed on 4/30/13 or at least that’s when the funds cleared the bank. But mine are for a 00 V-8 ranger swap. Hate to see it sitting waiting just for the headers but I have too much into this project to go any other direction. I just want a straight answer as to where we are on the production of these and like others, can't even get a person at the other end of the phone.

Spoke with the guys at Al's and they are expecting a batch of about 25 sets to be arriving tomorrow and should be getting a call from Erica on Monday. She is coming back to work!! Now if only mine are in the sets…:notworthy

Thanks for the good news, i was about to all them again to see whats goin on

Has anyone received an update this week?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I called als yesterday and talked to erica, said that some are shipping out today and that id get a tracking number through text for mine. give em a call later if you dont hear form them

Back