• Register Today It's free!

Towing question

regalado1

Reaction score
City, State
Modesto, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
I just bought a new boat and just want to know that my 2000 XLT will be alright towing it. It's a 19' Reinell with a single axle trailer. I guess the boat might weigh around 2450 (dry) or so and the trailer maybe 600-800. I am having a class III hitch installed today. I pick my boat up tomorrow. Anybody see a problem with towing the boat using my X?

Also I installed an AAL with the extended rear shackles, will the rear shackles get in the way of the hitch installation? Thanks all.

Anthony
Atwater, CA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any one/kind/brand in particular? Or spec to adhere to? Thanks

Anthony
Atwater, CA

Permacool is a good one, sizes usually are based on load size (size of trailor you are pulling) but I think bigger is better!

Mike

I would also recommend doing a tranny flush and switching to full synthetic ATF ( I use Amsoil ) as well as adding an aux fi;etr.

You might also want a tranny temp gauge.

Is it safe to say that the trans coolers with the fans are for mounting other than in front of the radiator and the trans coolers without the fan are for mounting right in front of the radiator?

Anthony
Atwater, CA

Thanks all for your response. I knew this was the place to go for the right info. I appreciate it.

Anthony
Atwater, CA

Back