Trail Run at Casparus Mine Trail near Connellsville, Pa. 22nd of Sept.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trail Run at Casparus Mine Trail near Connellsville, Pa. 22nd of Sept..

Ok, where and when do we want to meet? I say meet in the Martin's (grocery store) lot. Its big. That will give us a chance to group up and its only 5 minute drive until we hit a dirt road.

I don't know much of the trails so we will be doing some exploring but I suppose that's part of the fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, I'll find my way down there. Probably meet up around 8-9 am possibly. I thought you went trailin on these trails before. Where do you go trailin down there?

Ok, I'll find my way down there. Probably meet up around 8-9 am possibly. I thought you went trailin on these trails before. Where do you go trailin down there?

I have gone up there, but only maybe 3 times and I didn't go to nuts, i was alone. I know some of the paths but there are a bunch more from what i've heard and looking at some of the videos.

I figure we can meet up around 10-11am, give the rain time to clear in the morning and everyone to get there.

So what kind of group do we have? Is it a mix of everything?

Yep, jeeps, yota's, Ex's, a blazer and a couple ST's. The two extreme crawler jeeps have winches so we should be good.

Now to hope everyone shows up. Trying to get my brother to bring his blazer. My buddy is bringing his 06 f150. He could careless about the body, he already has it dinged all up.

Probably going to be a bit wet but it probably won't be to muddy up there.

Those jeeps, are they street legal? There is not really a place to park a tow rig and trailer anywhere safe.

Not "really" legal but they drive them cross country to different places. The Cherokee might not make it since he just cut the back top section off and he's fabricating it into a UTE bed. We'll see, they said they were gonna go to Latrobe tomorrow, not sure what time so they might leave out early.

Pitures here, more pic's and videos coming soon...

Oops, didn't work, hold on...

Well everyone that said they were coming bailed on us so it was just my Trac and Sporty97's Ex Sport. Had a great time and really surprized that our trucks were able to go through the trails that we did. Definetly have to do it again and get more rigs next time, those who didn't show up you seriously missed out on some of the best trails I've been on since I live in Oregon.

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/MidnightRebel07/trailing/

Was a good time for sure. Had there not been rain coming we could've gotten a little more adventurous. I can't wait to get out again. I'd like to see some of the videos and such. Cliff took mostly video didn't he, I bet we can get freeze frame the video and get some decent pics because it was all in 1080.

I went back to bud murphy's later that night and there was someone with a lifted explorer, made sure to park next to them.

He's s supposed to drop off the dvd's of the videos later. Hopefully the weather holds off to be able to get another run in before winter. Most of the videos are of your truck as far as I know since we followed you through most of it. Gotta go down that trail we turned around at, might have to wait til spring when it's dry(that shale was slick). I wanna get a winch soon, alot of those steep trails are way too steep to try and just use tow straps or chains.

Agreed. Last thing you want to do is go down something and not be able to come back up it if you have to turn around. I do think we could've worked down those ruts but with the rain it would've been a slip and slide coming back up if we had to.

Still surprised those JKs made it down that by looking at the line he took. He was inside that rut.

great pics, wish there were more!

I think Jerry has more. It was to dark out for my crappy walmart cam to get any decent pics:(

Yep, I'm converting and uploading all of the video's as we speak to photobucket. It'll take awhile, there's alot.

th_100_1427.jpg

th_100_1419_zpsd120c1b3.jpg

And more...

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/MidnightRebel07/casparus mine run/

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb352/MidnightRebel07/trailing/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks a lot more tame on video. Next time we need to get more serious, we never really hit anything that was pushing the limit I don't think...besides my broken ball joint haha

Back