trailers lets see them!!!! | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trailers lets see them!!!!

i do a ton of camping, 4-5 trips a year. I am so sick and tired of putting up and taking down the tent that i am going to build a teardrop trailer. What do you guys think? I will probably need a trailer with at least a 1,500lbs capacity to start.

These photos are not mine, but this build up will give you the basic idea
The Truck with a Heart

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Camping is always fun but free makes it that much better.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

000_0751 (800x533).jpg

2002 Sport Trac and 6x12 Doolittle trailer. The truck doesn't sag as much as it looks in the photo. The back tires are in a slight low spot.

000_0776.jpg

'02 Sport Trac & 6x12 cargo trailer
my son's '97 Mountaineer & 5x8 utility
'94 Explorer with what's left of my homebuilt 4x8 trailer. The sides were bolted to the plywood floor which rotted away. Rather than rebuild, I bought the 5x8 for less than rehabbing the old one.

Not mine, rented obviously... But happy Uhaul lifted the ban!

9523927685_db5e32ebfd.jpg

According to Uhaul.com they still will not rent trailers to Ford Explorers so my assumption is that the Explorer in this picture somehow secretly attached to the trailer without u hauls consent. The ban has not been lifted and most likely will remain for the life if both companies.

Funny though because I started this thread knowing uhaul sucked. I would have rented a trailer from them vs buying but they refused to accept. Ha! Ok back on topic here. More trailers!

According to Uhaul.com they still will not rent trailers to Ford Explorers so my assumption is that the Explorer in this picture somehow secretly attached to the trailer without u hauls consent. The ban has not been lifted and most likely will remain for the life if both companies.

Funny though because I started this thread knowing uhaul sucked. I would have rented a trailer from them vs buying but they refused to accept. Ha! Ok back on topic here. More trailers!

Nope.. The ban has been lifted on all 2011+ Explorers... Just went into effect last week.

They hooked up the trailer, themselves, to my Explorer.

Side note: Why would I have stated that the ban has been lifted if it hasn't been? Lol...

Hey more power to ya then. Glad to see an Ex with a Uhaul. (they still suck though due to poor quality trailers)

My Adrenalin pulling my new trailer with the CS6 inside it.
b818bd858473684e705fd2271d7c3fc2_zps26f4b621.jpg

She performed very well on the flat stuff & the downhill sections. On the uphill gradients in the Montana mountains she struggled a little bit.

On further thought I decided that rather than possibly damage the STA I bought an '02 F250 for the annual towing duty.

SAM_0176_zpsabd95c8a.jpg

SAM_0194_zps031a61ee.jpg

Here's my 16 Kauffman trailer being towed by my 2004 F250 Super Duty with Samson heading to the rocks.

SAM_0229_zpsfc4d07b0.jpg

Here I took two bedside tool boxes and made a double stacked tool bin for trailer. Great for taking gear when doing trails.

My 2011 towing my Mustang.... 1979 Correct Craft Mustang

599699_10151848601086358_832320403_n.jpg

:exp:My 2005 explorer towing.... My boat 1983 bomber classic :)

B93B-28F5FC0BA403-212-0000002E5A3CF534_zpscb6758fd.jpg

Here's the rowing trailer I tow for Clemson Crew. We usually end up having about 15 boats on the trailer for each trip. Loaded it weighs about 8k lbs and combined length of the truck and trailer puts me at the same length as the semi next to me.

586-6E47B609BA70-3123-000004006A831B68_zps801ad201.jpg

Here's the rowing trailer I tow for Clemson Crew. We usually end up having about 15 boats on the trailer for each trip. Loaded it weighs about 8k lbs and combined length of the truck and trailer puts me at the same length as the semi next to me.

586-6E47B609BA70-3123-000004006A831B68_zps801ad201.jpg

lookin good. just watch out if u run interstates alot. a pick up and trailer is only allowed to be 65 ft long. looks like ur way under that. but when u said ur the same length i just thought id mention that lol.

lookin good. just watch out if u run interstates alot. a pick up and trailer is only allowed to be 65 ft long. looks like ur way under that. but when u said ur the same length i just thought id mention that lol.

Thanks for the tip. It depends if you count the sterns sticking out past the end. I am actually very close to the 65' mark.

Thanks for the tip. It depends if you count the sterns sticking out past the end. I am actually very close to the 65' mark.

dot has been cracking down hard on pickups with trailer around here, just wanted to give ya a heads up. not trying to get off topic or anything. but yes they will get out a tape measure and for a truck trailer its 65 feet bumper to bumper. over hang is dependent on the length of trailer and does vary state ot state. just a freindly heads up. also - what kind of trailer is that? cant tell if its aluminum or galvanized from the picture

Back