• Register Today It's free!

Transmission drain plug

02LTDXLT

Reaction score
City, State
the "Bridge",Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 limited XLT
What is the transmission drain plug filler adapter part number/size/where can I get one. Part store has no idea what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the transmission drain plug filler adapter part number/size/where can I get one. Part store has no idea what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

I have done a search and been looking through threads for 45 minutes and haven't been able to find a part number or place to pick one up.

I confused when you say filler/drain plug. I install drain plugs in my trans pans, but you fill the trans through the dipstick tube. The drain plugs I install look like the one crankyjew provided a link for.

I confused when you say filler/drain plug. I install drain plugs in my trans pans, but you fill the trans through the dipstick tube. The drain plugs I install look like the one crankyjew provided a link for.
The third Gen I have uses a different drain plug. It has a removable piece in the middle that you hook up the adapter to so you can fill the transmission . No dipstick.

http://www.partsgeek.com/cktm78j-fo...tag&fp=pp&utm_term=Ford+Auto+Trans+Drain+Plug

Dumbest thing ever but it is what it is .

Back