Troll | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Troll

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last I heard he was ditching his super charged 347 for a custom Turbo setup. Hopefully to be pushing 9's:eek:

Originally posted by Texplorer
Last I heard he was ditching his super charged 347 for a custom Turbo setup. Hopefully to be pushing 9's:eek:
same here.

I heard jamest was selling his wheels and tires for more money to buy the Troll. :eek: :D

I am still here, just had nothing to say lately. Waiting for some parts to do the turbo kit for my truck. Hope to go a 9.99 when I am done.

Can't wait to see some more videos when it's all done.

Speaking of videos, how about more vids of your X while we wait? I think we would love to just listen to it idle.;)

troll, your sig say's your running 3:55 gear's..may i ask why?

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
troll, your sig say's your running 3:55 gear's..may i ask why?

With the power he's pushing, he doesn't need lower gears.

trool: you got any vids of you at the track?

IAMTodd, 3:55s are pretty low gears for racing. I see what he's asking, and I'm wondering why he doesn't put 4:10s in there. They are great for 1/4 miles, but I dont know how it would effect his ET's due to the massive power he's got.

Hydroxy, this video, Http://www.staffusa.com/Weather/TrollTrack.rm is old but it's still good

he has trouble enough with blowing the tires off with 3:55's. any lower and there would simply be no traction.

Originally posted by james t
he has trouble enough with blowing the tires off with 3:55's. any lower and there would simply be no traction.

thats a good point, i never thought of that.

to be truthfull with ya, i think his gear set up is fine.....and he wants more power out of his truck so any lower gears there will be nothing to hook up to, in other words melt the tires off.

he could not run 4.10 at the track. first it would not hook even with slicks. second he would run out of gear around the 1/8 mile mark. third gas millege would really suck. fourth on the street he has to be able to move the dam thing with out smoking the tires.

Back