• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• We are aware of the issue with our internal search engine and we will be bringing it back online shortly. For now please use the Google search bar near the top of each page. Thanks, Rick
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Maybe. I'm burning 3 weeks of vacation to go to Yellowstone in Sep.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Hey, this is a family forum....:laugh::crazy:

I was going to give you a warning, then realized Moderators don't have the warning button...

Veterans weekend works for me.

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I just put in for Thursday to Monday off (11/8-11/12). Turns out I need to take 80+ hours by the end of the year.. Now I just need to figure how I'm getting there.. I haven't started the van is about a year so I still have a couple months to get it running right again. Worst case I'll just drive the X out there..

~Mark

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
It's a maybe for me. My surgery will probably be around that time. Hopefully it will get pushed till after the run.

And @Maniak , your alive!!!!!!!!!

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Interested in this trip, although truckhaven is just so far away for me coming from norcal now, but I'd love to make it out there again.

josh40601

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Mesa, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ranger & Explorer
Im in. I'm excited to get a pic of all of us at the top of phone booth

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Might have a couple Toyotas join in too.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
Talk to my neighbor, at they mite bring there Rubi. there dealership is stuck with.:thumbsup:

We're talking about hanging out till Monday this trip:eek:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Talk to my neighbor, at they mite bring there Rubi. there dealership is stuck with.

We're talking about hanging out till Monday this trip:eek:
:thumbsup:

I'll be there until Monday morning.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Good news for a change.

After my 2nd round of CPC surgery my pressure finally dropped. At my post-op visit this past Thursday my pressure was at 18 in both eyes.:chug:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Had a bit of bad luck this morning which actually was a blessing in disguise. The center support bearing I replaced in my Ram's driveline last summer went bad today. I had the truck towed home as I was afraid of breaking the transfercase. It was a Timken bearing too.

I'm very glad it happened close to home rather than out on the open road:eek:

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
:snicker:Ok I guess we can stay till Monday too!!:dpchug:

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I am planning on Wednesday to Monday.

Great news about the eyeball Rick!

I spent the weekend working 28 hours in two days. It was fun though, Zac Brown/Eagles concert Saturday; worked out in the crowd. Lots of fights. What kind of person starts a fight at a Zac Brown concert? Concert was great to watch. Cheap Trick/Journey/Def Leppard Sunday; spent 14 hours hanging out with Neal and Michaele Schon. Neal is the guitarist for Journey. I walked them around, and shadowed Michaele during the concert. Very nice people, but rock star quirky. Michaele gave me a concert shirt. Met all the members of Journey, very cool people, especially Arnel Peneda. He is a jokester and a very pleasant person. Likes to crack dirty jokes. He is about Sarah's size, maybe smaller, but sure can sing. Journey stole the show, I didn't even watch the rest of Def Leppard. I was standing off to the side of the stage watching Michaele (that was the job). Neal would walk off the stage several times during the concert to change guitars, get some water, kiss his wife, etc. One of the times I was standing there he turned to me and said "BadAss".

Also got to meet Rick Neilson and Robin Zander of Cheap Trick when they came looking for Neal. They walked right up and shook my hand and introduced themselves. I was blown away at how cool they were. It was a great experience, and I got paid a bunch of money for it.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Also got to meet Rick Neilson and Robin Zander of Cheap Trick when they came looking for Neal. They walked right up and shook my hand and introduced themselves. I was blown away at how cool they were. It was a great experience, and I got paid a bunch of money for it.
Sounds like a great time:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
I am planning on Wednesday to Monday.

Great news about the eyeball Rick!

I spent the weekend working 28 hours in two days. It was fun though, Zac Brown/Eagles concert Saturday; worked out in the crowd. Lots of fights. What kind of person starts a fight at a Zac Brown concert? Concert was great to watch. Cheap Trick/Journey/Def Leppard Sunday; spent 14 hours hanging out with Neal and Michaele Schon. Neal is the guitarist for Journey. I walked them around, and shadowed Michaele during the concert. Very nice people, but rock star quirky. Michaele gave me a concert shirt. Met all the members of Journey, very cool people, especially Arnel Peneda. He is a jokester and a very pleasant person. Likes to crack dirty jokes. He is about Sarah's size, maybe smaller, but sure can sing. Journey stole the show, I didn't even watch the rest of Def Leppard. I was standing off to the side of the stage watching Michaele (that was the job). Neal would walk off the stage several times during the concert to change guitars, get some water, kiss his wife, etc. One of the times I was standing there he turned to me and said "BadAss".

Super Jealous you got to meet and hang out with Journey:bow:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rick Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
Rick Truck Haven 2021 25th Anniversary Run! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2018 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 125
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 54
Stic-o Back to Truck Haven October 24 - 25 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 145
Elgatoprerunner Truck Haven this weekend (Feb 27-28) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
Rick Truck Haven Jan 16-18 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 146
Rick Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 394
Rick Aerial video from Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 127
Rick Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 94
Char October 2013 Truck Haven Potluck Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
Rick Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 56
Char 2013 Truck Haven Potluck Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 18
Rick 2013 Truck Haven MLK Weekend Explorer Ranger run Jan 19-20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 102
Rick Return from Truck Haven October '12 - Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 49
Char Truck Haven Potluck!!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Rick Ocotillo Wells/Truck Haven "Mobile Workshop" Feb 18-19 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Rick Truck Haven 2012 MLK Weekend Jan. 14-15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 112
Maniak Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
Rick Truck Haven meeting tonight - Carlsbad Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
Rick Future of Truck Haven/ Ocotillo Wells North Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 15
Rick Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 277
D Truck Haven 2011 Choose a Date!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
Rick Next Truck Haven run?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Rick Truck Haven Thanksgiving '09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 74
Stic-o 2008 Truck Haven Run! Jan 19-20 Discuss!!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 535
F Truck Haven South Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
FROADER Truck Haven for Thanksgiving '07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 291
mounty71 Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 209
Rick CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 527
FROADER The next Truck Haven trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 159
Rick Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 270
Rick Truck Haven 2007 Planning Thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 11
Stic-o Truck haven! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 144
Stic-o Return from Truck Haven 2006 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 134
Rick Truck Haven 2006 Feb 4-5 Sign Up and Info Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
FROADER Truck Haven pics from this weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 68
R Annual Truck Haven California Run 2006 Feb 4-5 2006 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 393
Rick Truck Haven 2006 Date Change?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 15
Rick Moab, CO or Truck Haven?? 10th Anniversary Poll #2 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
F Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 131
F Truck Haven 2004 Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 110
Rick Truck Haven on New Years Eve... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 64
Rick Truck Haven info for CA Voters Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Rick Truck Haven 2005!! January 15-16 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
Rick Truck Haven 2004!! January 17-18 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
Rick Truck Haven Pre-Runners Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
S Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 29
Rick Truck Haven Hills Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 83