Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run

I might possibly come Saturday. And leave early the same day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may be in. I finally got my truck running (really well, actually) but I'm supposed to be at a conference that week, so I need to see what I can do to work this in.

I may be in. I finally got my truck running (really well, actually) but I'm supposed to be at a conference that week, so I need to see what I can do to work this in.

I hope you can make it out.

that would be our kids, as long as the electronics have power and service.. my recent build has given our 15 year old son and 13 year old daughter ideas.. as long as they help me work on their toys, I'll call it a win!!
unfortunately we won't be attending, we still haven't been able to drag ourselves to Carlisle, an that event is only 3 hours away.. :(

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look like I will be able to make this run.

I have eye surgery scheduled for Oct. 5th. It's an invasive procedure, with a relatively lengthy recovery time of 2 to 6 weeks. I will not be able to lift, strain, or get jolted around until the eye heals or it could hemorrhage.

I am still going to prepare for the run, and hope for the best, but it's a long drive out, and a lot of jarring around on the trail. If it doesn't feel right, I am not going to push it.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look like I will be able to make this run.

I have eye surgery scheduled for Oct. 5th. It's an invasive procedure, with a relatively lengthy recovery time of 2 to 6 weeks. I will not be able to lift, strain, or get jolted around until the eye heals or it could hemorrhage.

I am still going to prepare for the run, and hope for the best, but it's a long drive out, and a lot of jarring around on the trail. If it doesn't feel right, I am not going to push it.

no reason to risk damage for a run, can always reschedule.

Can we get a roll call of all those who can/will make it?

I'm in

I'm planning on it but starting to question it.:confused:

Got a lot going on right now, and running out of time. Trying to get our new house done in time before Thanksgiving, need to work on JP and fix parking brake issues, Super Duty need the Trans fluid changed before then, and the Fridge in the camper needs to get fixed, after it died last trip or two.

so... down to only 2, with one of those being a maybe?

eye_surgery.jpeg

Just went for my pre-op consultation and had to sign my life away :(

That all sounds remarkably unpleasant...

I'm out for this trip. I need to get my truck tuned (running lean after all the mods) before taking it on a serious trip. Probably January if we do one.

Wow! And I thought cataract surgery was a pain.
You'll be fine. Just remember the no stress rule after

Just remember the no stress rule after

What's that? No stress after the procedure? That may be more difficult than you could imagine about now. :(

Good luck to ya rick. Hope all goes well and for a speedy recovery.

It's looking like this may be a bust run, so I may be out too, depending who all is planning on still making it out. I am also being optimistic that my truck will be completed by then too...

I'll likely be in Glamis for thanksgiving and have another event on the 18th. December looks clear though! lol

Brian, when you get yours back up, we should do a day trip out to corral canyon. I'd love to hit up Sidewinder, Bronco's Peak, and Gunslinger.

All the worries are before the surgery after its done just remain calm and go with the flow not lifting anything heavier than a water glass! It's tough but you'll get through it just fine! Remember rest and sleep are your new best friends, for a few days anyway!

I'm fine with a reschedule.. I'm a maybe right now as I have an interview for a new job (same job, different company) on Tuesday. That means things could change (schedule and vacation time etc).

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like this is going to work out better for everyone. I have not had time to work on JP, little alone still unpack half my garage still from our move in May.

Spent my day adding stone ledger to my fireplace.

I feel bad for Tom however because I know he was going to come down.

Thanksgiving is definitely possibly

Back