Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kid friendly? (age 8 - boy who loves camping)

My daughter grew up with this crowd. She first came out with us when she was about 8. 24 now, and still likes to come out with us.

If you count several kid friendly dogs, s'mores, lots of 4x4 trucks, an occasional cartoon or 2 on the big screen, then yeah we're kid friendly!

Excellent. He'll be stoked to go. May even convince the wife (if they're allowed) to join too. Sounds like a good fun time. Get him away from his Xbox as well.

Excellent. He'll be stoked to go. May even convince the wife (if they're allowed) to join too. Sounds like a good fun time. Get him away from his Xbox as well.

It's definitely open to spouses as well. We do a pot luck dinner on Saturday night which has always been a lot of fun too.

You mentioning the Xbox reminded me of the kids of one of our members. They used to play their Gameboy while their dad was running challenging trails all while never taking their eyes off the screen. LOL

I'm in. I see a few stock trucks so I won't be at a complete disadvantage. Looking into some metal guards for underneath.

Yes, lol!!! - that Xbox, tablet, and Gameboy are excellent distractions for long dives, turbulence, and bad weather. Nothing else matters when they're into a game - especially online. He'll live without it for a few days. Just past the new moon. Probably a great night photography opportunity too. Count us in. Thank you.

@Rick, I appreciate you including me in. Regretfully I can't make it. I'm starting a new engineering degree up in Seattle in September since I recently left the Corps. Anyone is welcome to hit me up if you swing through the greater Puget Sound area!

I was planning on being out there that weekend already. I sure wish I had a more capable Explorer though!

Looks like I did not get hit with the contract change where I work which means I still have a job.... Putting the time in next week...

I know I haven't been wheeling enough when the Van (tow rig) still has the stuff in it from last years trip. I guess 3 months is enough time for me to get both vehicles ready (Explorer just needs the once over... no idea what the Van needs). I guess I could go old school and not tow the explorer this time...

~Mark

I just wanted to bump this thread and remind anyone interested that this is not a "Big Dog" run. Anyone who is a member, likes camping and off-roading is invited. If you are new to off-roading, this is the trip for you to get your feet wet.

In. Finally. :)

Anyway we can move this up one weekend to the 28-29? My wife wants to go and has that weekend off.

Won't be able to do it. Want to but live in NC and its too far away. Would love to have one here tho

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Won't be able to do it. Want to but live in NC and its too far away. Would love to have one here tho

You are always welcome to setup your own local events in our forum:chug:

Back