TruckHaven 2003 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TruckHaven 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Brian, you know you can count on us to help you out. I'm sure Char will even help you lift a bottle of rum!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by sirhk100
Sean, we gotta try to get over to Ocotillo Wells on Fri. or Sat. night. maybe run over in the dirt and come back on the road depending on how rough it is.

I am down for that, no problem. Whatever night works. Now that I have the light on the front, i can see at night. ;) The tabs are in a funny place though, I think I am either going to have to bend them slightly (damn that stainless is hard to bend) or get a spacer (read:washer) for the mount to lift the light up slightly.

Also, that bar took 2 hours to get one, those two bolts sucked. I only have one bloody arm, though. ;)

Originally posted by BKennedy
If I make it out, I might need a little help with setting up my tent and stuff, but the wheelin' should be okay if I take it easy.

Let me know, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

--Sean

Cool Brian, now I can call you at work, 9-1-1 !:D

Hey, don't let that shoulder stop you. You know I or anyone will help you with the tent, and don't sweat the firewood. Just be there!

Hey Brian, I cant belive that shoulder is still messing with you that much. Hope you get it fixed soon, but till then just wrap some eggcrate foam around it and drive slow. We can help you with the rest. :D I hope you make it to the run.

Mark

Well dammit, due to some unforeseen money issues, I will not be making the trip. I hope everyone has a great time and takes lots of pics!!!! We are already prepping for the Az run though, hope to see eveyone there!

Glad to hear you had fun putting on that light bar. I messed with it for about 10 minutes for that photo shoot and then said screw it and didn't put the bolts in. So you got everything on? Were the tabs not on top? Dave built that bar, it wasn't built off our light bar fixture so that's probably why they're a pita. That stainless is amazing. It's SOOO thin but still so strong. I'm curious to see if they vibrate with lights on them... I definately need to get a ride in your truck to see how it does. Also, remember, if you blind me, I can blind back front or rear!!!!!

Khris

I'm all ready. Replaced a half axle and put on a new set of shocks last night, and now the truck's good to go.
Can't wait to get out there. I haven't been out there since my front locker and Atlas, so I'm gonna have some fun :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey guys, the check for T'Haven is in the mail. I can bring firewood on Saturday morning if anyone anticipates a shortage. My wife just told me I gotta get rid of the majority of the wood or termites will return to our house. Let me know on the firewood situation, 'cause I'm ready to help out...

If my pops doesn't care I got room to steal a TON of his cause I'm only bringing my dirt bike in the trailer and maybe a cooler...

Khris

Bring Firewood. Bring more firewood.

The nights are COLD and we need a BIG fire that 30+ people can sit around. Last year we did a real long & narrow fire pit and it worked out great.

Can I bring some old tax papers to burn?:D

Hey, Rick.

You don't people to bring anything, do you?

:D

Originally posted by FAKRWEE
Can I bring some old tax papers to burn?:D

Tom, I got about 11 boxes of paper records to burn.. Maybe I should bring that.

I'll stop by Enron this week and pickup some accounting papers for the fire. :D

I blew a CV yesterday...

Dead Link Removed

Well Felix and I went out to test the truck with all of the new stuff on it yesterday. I wanted test the truck out before we take it out to Truckhaven. All I have to say about the Deavers is AWESOME! Those springs rock off road and are tons smoother than the Monster block and the stock leaves. They are very flexy, too (10 leaf, triple wrap, similar to a 7s pack with a lift). The best part is that they feel wel matched to the front. Very impressed.

We also took some flex pictures of my truck. I had a ton of droop and thought I was maxed out, but I wasn't even close. Apparently the traction bars hit my muffler and are also limiting me by a couple inches. I'll post some pics later today, but my buddy said my limiting straps weren't even close to being maxed (30" straps).

Next thing I am doing is taking those arms off. I don't think I will need them with the new spring pack anyway, and it will give me gobs more clearance.

Also, I tested out my lights on my new light bar, and for some reason the lights flutter ALOT. The bar is very rigid, so I don't know if there is an internal or external adjustment to the PIAA 80 XT Pro lights. Does anyone know?

Other than that, I just have to fix the CV issue. Hey Jeff, wanna help me, since you are the resident CV axle installation expert? I am not sure if Ford stocks them or what the price is. At this point I just want to get it fixed.

I hope everything comes together. As of right now I am still planning on making the trip.

Here are some pre-breakage pics (this is with the arms on, my shocks and springs give another 2" or so of droop)...

fcc9b3d3.jpg

fcc9b340.jpg

fcc9af3b.jpg

fcc9aedf.jpg

fcc9aeb3.jpg

fcc9ae6d.jpg

fcc9ae1e.jpg

--Sean

New Front Coils installed...

I just got a set of Skyjacker 4" coils to take the place of my 2.5" Rancho coils and 1.5" Rough Country coil spacers. The on-road ride actually improved with the less tightly-wound Skyjackers providing more bounce and less firmness than the Rancho coils. I hear the Skyjackers will articulate without binding as readily, leading to some great results at Truckhaven. I'm just about ready for a 2 or 3 level run. Nothing off camber, just something to have a good time and get the truck home late that evening...

Brian,
I just got back and saw your post. If you need anything just let me know. If you can make it out, my dad and I can help you. No prob. You can ride with us if need be. Hopefully you can make it out to thaven.

Hey Brian,
I'll help you out with your tent or whatever...if i'm helping you out then Char won't bug me to help her grade papers...lol, j/k Char:p
I was coming home on the 10 through Cabazon and there was a high speed chase that whizzed right by me tonight around 7pm did you happen to hear anything about it Brian, the car was a white neon with the highway patrol chasing it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright, I have a Question.
First my problem is I changed my ratio in the front a couple months back and hevent had a chance to get my rear done yet. It looks like i will not be able to get it done before truckhaven.
I have never been there but it sounds like a lot of fun.
My question is can a guy have fun if he cant use four wheel drive? I do have a Track-Lock in the rear so it does go pretty far in two wheel drive. Anyway, it would probably be fun just to meet everyone and check out the other explorers hunh? What do you guys think????????

Sincerely,
Screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back