TruckHaven 2003 | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TruckHaven 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be ok to do the simple stuff that I will be running in my stocker. Also, just haning out with the crew is a good time. Hope to see you there.:bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will most likely need momentum to get you over some of the obstacles, but with the 37's maybe not :D I think you will be fine on the easier run. There will be at least one other 2wd Explorer out there.

Originally posted by Chief34
Alright, I have a Question.
First my problem is I changed my ratio in the front a couple months back and hevent had a chance to get my rear done yet. It looks like i will not be able to get it done before truckhaven.

Sincerely,
Screwed?

Hey bro, I had to do the same thing too. I will probly be bringin my truck out anyways, just to kick it and roll around in other people's rigs. Hell yah I wish I could use 4wd, but at least I won't be able to break anything in 2wd(maybe).

Khris-I may be bringing my rig after all. No promises, but just wanted to give u a heads up. If I dont hear from you I will call you so youre not waiting around for me. I will know by end of tomorrow if it will make it out there. My friend will be driving out his red toyota pu(2wd). Its lifted 3.5" and he wants to beat the **** outta it, so you gotta take him out to some good spots. We went up to saddleback late last night and conned him into jumping it. It was so awesome/ painful. We freakin nose dived so damn bad that his engine died and he left bigass marks in the ground from his front tow hooks.

Anyways, if I get my rig drivable, I will head out midday friday. If not, i'll be drivin to your pad on thursday like we already discussed. Peace

What's the anticipated day and night temperatures for Truckhaven area?

Forecast for the next couple days says sunny with highs 75-85, and lows 40-45. I'll bet it will be slightly cooler days, though.

Just some reminders for everyone.

PLEASE have the absolute basics: a working CB, and front and rear towhooks!

Available in Salton City two miles from camp: gas station, Mexican restaurant, burger place, general store, water vending machines, public bathrooms.

Too much firewood is impossible! :D

Try this Dead Link Removed

Be prepared for cold, clear skied nights. Be prepared for warm, clear blue sky days. Be prepared for wind to come up and sandblast you and everything not bolted down.

Somewhere countless pages ago on this thread someone said they had a portable CB they could bring. Any chance of that still happening or does anyone have a cigarette lighter one? I don't have a CB cause no one I run with uses them. If anything I'm gonna spend the money on a Race Radio because I'll get WAY more use outta it then a CB. I'd only use a CB on basically this one run.

Khris

Tennesee

I just got the call to go to Tennesee for 10 days so it looks like I'll have to live vicariously through your E-Mails when everyone gets back.
Bummer!
Rick

Oh man... what a bummer! Well send Carla then :D

Who knows...

Well my plans were just change twice in the last two hours by corporate! Hopefully the trip will be cancelled and I can make it out at least for Sunday. Either way, I need to get to the dealer and get more torsion bolts!!!
Rick

Khris, I have a plug in Cig. lighter CB you can use.

Originally posted by Josh S.
I will probly be bringin my truck out anyways, just to kick it and roll around in other people's rigs.

Josh, if you drive out on Friday, and you still want to Caravan, Tim and I are leaving OC at 3. Just let me know.

BTW, Saddleback is pretty chewed up, huh? Thats where I blew my CV on Sunday.

--Sean

Sean - I am glad you got your truck put back together and will be able to make it out for Thaven. Did RCD give you any explanation as to why your CV blew out?

Mark

ok, so i have decided that i am going to go. But this is contingent on one thing. I just relized i have to get a damn 37 inch tire for a spare. If i can come up with one i'll see you out there guys.

Paul, it would be much appreciated if you can bring it out!!!

Cheif, bring the bike if you can!!!! I'll have mine there 100% for sure. We'll do a ride over to Shell Reef at Ocotillo Wells. If you havn't been there you'll love it if you like jumping or climbing hills!!!

Josh, are you still heading out Thur. night?

Sean, what did Dave say? It seems like it would be locker related to me the more I think about it cause your angles are almost the same as factory so I don't see how we could've done it. 33" tires and a locker, through whoops on the gas with a slight turn on the other hand could do it. Aren't the inner CV's the smaller ones that would most likely go first?

Khris

Im gonna try. It doesnt look good though. Got try to work something out for a spare. Cant afford to buy one right now. Might be able to work something out though.
If i come ill definately try to bring the YZ. Thats the other thing ill have to barrow a trailer. The trailer is esier to come by then the spare though. Anyway we'll see. I really want to go bad! Son of a....

Originally posted by sirhk100

Josh, are you still heading out Thur. night?
Khris

hmmm, haven't decided yet. if my truck wont make it, i'll go w/ you thursday night. If it will, ill probly head out around 12 or later and caravan w sean and those dudes

ill know tomorrow

Originally posted by sirhk100

Sean, what did Dave say? It seems like it would be locker related to me the more I think about it cause your angles are almost the same as factory so I don't see how we could've done it. 33" tires and a locker, through whoops on the gas with a slight turn on the other hand could do it. Aren't the inner CV's the smaller ones that would most likely go first?

Khris

Dave sounded busy, he told me to call him tommorrow to figure out when I can bring the truck in. But since you gave me that packet, I think I will just swing by and see him in person. I also took the traction bars off today so I have the most flex possible at T-haven. Really, with the Deavers, they aren't even needed and the ride is better, so I will probably leave them off. When I see Dave I want to ask him if he can weld either a second tab, or a thicker tab on the bar, because right now it is worthless for the lights.

And Felix, I agree with Khris, I am 99% sure it was the locker that caused it. The angles on the driveline are better than stock, so I seriously doubt it was the kit. Thats one of the reasons I just paid the $150 for a new axle and did it myself. Best part is, I saved some serious cash (over having someone else do it), thanks to Jefe and I am good to go this weekend.

--Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Josh, cool, let me know...

Cheif, I know I'm a complete stranger but I've got room on my trailer for another bike. I don't know how I would pick it up though before then. I'm slammed every night between now and leaving Thur. night. I'll look around work tomorrow and see if we've got any old 37" tires laying around. Probably wont have a rim and wont be a tire you'd want to run daily but it would work as a spare if I got something.

Khris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back