Tune advice for Explorer Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tune advice for Explorer Sport

I am not a Diablosport or Livernois fanboi. I want our readers to know they have choices and I also want Livernois and Diablosport to know, that we know we have choices. They deliver similar products and the laws of the free markets will prove to us how much they want us.

Anyways, from the Diablosport website. www.diablosport.com

93 Octane Performance - This tune is designed for use with premium fuel. The Performance Tune will unleash the maximum available Horsepower, Torque and Economy out of your stock vehicle with no other mods necessary! Vehicles will see a power across the entire RPM range with the greatest gains down low. Vehicle will also see improvements in drivability, throttle response, and economy. 70 HP & 70 Torque

91 Octane Performance - This tune is very similar to the Performance tune for 93 Octane but optimized for the 91 Octane Premium Fuel found in some states. Vehicles will see a power across the entire RPM range with the greatest gains down low. Vehicle will also see improvements in drivability, throttle response, and economy. 60 HP & 65 Torque

Modified Stock - This will allow you to keep the vehicle at the stock horsepower and torque levels, but the user can still change all the available adjustable parameters for the application, like the speed limiter, speedometer calibration, etc. Modified Stock also allows you to "marry" the tool to the vehicle and make a copy of the stock tune when requested by a CMR Dealer (custom tuner). NA HP & NA Torque

87 Octane Tune - This tune is designed for use with 87 octane gasoline. It will increase HP, TQ and Fuel Economy without the need to run premium fuel in the vehicle. While HP Gains are not as great as in the 93 octane Diablotune, this tune wakes up your vehicle's throttle response, power, and improves overall driveability. 60 HP & 65 Torque

Mileage Booster - The Mileage Booster tune utilizes the vehicle's DOD system to optimize efficiency for daily use. Horsepower gains will be minimal, but mileage will improve by up to 3 MPG in some applications! Compatible with fuel that is 87 octane or greater, and only available to vehicles that have the DOD system from the factory. 60 HP & 65 Torque

:thumbsup::salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pardon me, but those numbers (60 hp and 65 tq) can't be right for all 3 applications, 93 octane tune excluded obviously.

Tony

I'm showing my age, but I always thought Red Barchetta was a good tune for driving. It seems to make me go faster.

Agreed---off Exit Stage Left!

Re: the power increases with these tunes, quite impressive!! Subscribing

Pardon me, but those numbers (60 hp and 65 tq) can't be right for all 3 applications, 93 octane tune excluded obviously.

Tony

Feel free to take that argument up with Diablosport. All I can say is that the 87 Octane Tune did wake up my ride. I like racing the douchetards in the Chevy SUV's who roll up next to me and taunt me. I haven't lost yet in a "light to light" battle.

Feel free to take that argument up with Diablosport. All I can say is that the 87 Octane Tune did wake up my ride. I like racing the douchetards in the Chevy SUV's who roll up next to me and taunt me. I haven't lost yet in a "light to light" battle.
Doesn't seem like a smart or safe thing to do. Street racing is against the law in most jurisdictions.
There have been a few innocent bystanders killed in our city by that type of behaviour.

Peter

with the unit the mail you, i assume they have the stock tune option on there as well? thanks!

Back