tuner/"chip"

Zagnut

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, a third world country
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 4.0L Ed B Explorer
Callsign
haven't tested yet, despite having dual band radios.
Just curious about the general consensus regarding tuner modules.
I see Bama doesn't support Exploders, Henson performance seems to be gone.
Was looking at SCT performance tuners.

Was thinking about some JBA shorty headers, obviously a decent cat back system and CAI too.

I remember when I was into 4banger ricer stuff, and the general consensus was that "chips" were a waste of money for such minor bolt on mods. But that was quite a few years back.
For $400 bucks, is there any significant HP gain to be obtained these days?

For tuners, contact Torrie at Unleashed Tuning. He's been tuning Explorers, Sport Tracs, and pretty much any other Ford for years. He sells SCT tuners and can write custom tunes specifically for your vehicle. This would be your best "bang-for-the-buck" performance mod.

There are no direct bolt-on headers available that will fit an Explorer. There's also no direct bolt-on CAI kit available for the Gen 4 V6 Explorerer. However, both Gibson and Magnaflow make a direct bolt-on cat-back exhaust system for your V6 Explorer.

For tuners, contact Torrie at Unleashed Tuning. He's been tuning Explorers, Sport Tracs, and pretty much any other Ford for years. He sells SCT tuners and can write custom tunes specifically for your vehicle. This would be your best "bang-for-the-buck" performance mod.

There are no direct bolt-on headers available that will fit an Explorer. There's also no direct bolt-on CAI kit available for the Gen 4 V6 Explorerer. However, both Gibson and Magnaflow make a direct bolt-on cat-back exhaust system for your V6 Explorer.

Thanks 6. Wouldn't be the first time I've had to make my own CAI. Bummer about the headers though. I'll have to do some google-fu and see what I can find.
Also getting ready to buy my first MIG/FCAW welder. Looking at a unit that can do TIG as well. Don't have a 220/240 hookup, but for exhaust I should be fine, even if I can't do stainless.

Back