• Register Today It's free!

turn signal problems

Dora The 4x4'a

Reaction score
City, State
Smalltown, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
i went to turn on my signal after usuing it a few times on the same trip. and ther was no clicking?.. everytime i would engage it, the light on my dash would light solidly. upon investigation, the signal up front would light solidly as well. up front is a brand new bulb sincei put new headlight assemblies up front. i checked the module with the hazards and the bulb would flash for hazards but not for the turn signal. the rear bulb at first light solidly. but i chcekced again and it is now not ligthing. i purchased new rear signal bulbs. i have not put them in yet,
im asking is this gunna cure m problem?
has anyone experienced this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine always stop flashing when i have a bulb out

lets say the rear is out, but the front is not. does yoru indicator in the dash light solildly and the signal that is not out light solidly?

yes, it will solve the problem, that happens on all vehicles.

alrighty sounds good. i was just double chekcing kuz i had the time to post. thanks for your time.. really wish i had the tools here at school..

def. check your relays and you might have a loose ground somewhere

Replace the bulb that's not lighting up first. Odds are your problem will be solved. The reason the signal stays lit solid is because the system cannot complete the circuit due to the bulb outage.

its all good.. just a bad rear turn signal.. thanks

Back