U-Haul? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

U-Haul?

Anyone else get some BS from U-Haul saying that they aren't allowed to rent you a trailer if it's being towed by an Explorer????? I have a 2003 V8 EB with a tow package.... I'm pretty sure I could tow their dinky little trailers no problem.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I find it funny that they won't rent to an exploder.

I checked into it before I moved from NC to TN, but they'd sell me a receiver hitch all day long.

I find it interesting that it was a bad batch of tires on 2nd gens..... I have a 1st gen....

Oh well F*** it, I guess they don't want my business.

Enough of beating the dead horse here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I ordered mine online, just said it was an Expidition...no issues at all when I picked it up.

anybody ever pulled a car with a 5.0 X. rough idea im need to pull a 3200lbs car 200 miles. alot of interstate

I pulled an early 70s Maverick on a tow dolly with the 4.0 SOHC for about the same distance on the highway - so I'm sure the 5.0 will have no problem. Just remember that its usually not about power, but brakes.

anybody ever pulled a car with a 5.0 X. rough idea im need to pull a 3200lbs car 200 miles. alot of interstate

I pulled my son's Mitsu PU on a tandem axle flat bed trailer over 200 miles with my '97 X 5.0 without any problems. Just watch your speed. I didn't drive over 60 on the interstate while towing.

You should be OK.

Hey guys, new here, but don't feel to bad on U-Haul not renting to Explorers. I recently bought a light weight car trailer mostly because the experience I had renting a car trailer from U-haul with my Ram 1500.

The U-Haul trailers have surge brakes on them which drove me nuts vs. trailering with electric brakes. Also the whole pick up thing with U-Haul is a pain, in NJ at least they assure you a trailer, but where you have to pick it up isn't known until a day or so before.

If you need a trailer, see if there are any trailer sales locations near by, most do rentals and the equipment will be in far better shape then from U-Haul.

_Scott

Ya i used to work for uhaul, its bs its because of the second gen roll over problem.. If you tell them its a mountaineer you can sometimes get away with it

I work for penske and they dont rent there car trailers or dollys out unless you use there trucks just for insurance reasons. Plus the car trailers are close to 2000 lbs empty. They rented me one for my cherokee not grand cherokke but a cherokee to tow my 91 ranger home. I felt better towing with the jeep than my ranger and explorer. The hitches on tje explorers arent really weight distributing due to the shackles. Explorer is nicer in general

i had a problem with my 2002 explorer and wanted to rent a car dolly to bring it home i was going to tow with my 1994 e350 work tuck they didn't want any thing to do with it. so i called another branch and told them i was towing a 2002 escape and i was able to get the dolly. the explorer fit no problem on the dolly. lol

Back