UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10

What does everyone want to do about camping the 2nd night @ rausch creek. We can either "wilderness camp" with admission into rausch creek (IE no amenities what so ever, shower, bathroom etc.) or we can goto a camp ground that has all that stuff but it's gonna cost a little more. or i found this campground http://www.echovalleycamp.com/ it's basically 9.50 a person for the night. and it looks like its only about 10 minutes from rausch creek. OR we could stay @ red ridge both nights and get up early and drive to ruasch creek in the morning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in for Saturday night at what ever campground everyone else wants to hit up

But but....I just HAVE to have hair dryer and a TV and and...lol. As long as there's a bathroom, I don't care ;)

I'll be at RedRidge Friday night after work, since I know where it is I'll just meet Fug, Matt and Lizardlips there. Wherever you guys want to camp the second night is fine by me although I'm gonna vote for the $9.50 a night campground. Good job putting this together btw, Fuglet :D

There are no bathrooms @ rausch creek from what i understand, you have to go behind a pine tree.

Okay I'm bringing two more votes for a nine buck bathroom and shower :)

We'll see you at 8:15am Saturday, though we may be getting there in the middle of the night, depending on when Ashli and I can get off work Friday.

I think every one will be happier @ a real campground, I'll give them a call tomorrow and let them know we're coming. I was thinking as far as a fire goes that if each of us brought 3-4 logs we'd have enough for a decent fire.

We'll see you at 8:15am Saturday, though we may be getting there in the middle of the night, depending on when Ashli and I can get off work Friday.
I can gaurantee that some of us will still be awake no matter what time you guys get there ;)

I was thinking as far as a fire goes that if each of us brought 3-4 logs we'd have enough for a decent fire.
And I was thinking that maybe you should try starting a fire withOUT gasoline this time :D

A fire with out "Starting fluid?" ill leave that one to you then. :p

For those of you coming out friday what time are you getting there? I'm planning on getting up there around 1 or so and making a trip to harry's u pull it and seeing if they have anything worthwhile.

We'll be showing up Saturday morning. Still not 100% sure if we're gonna do just Saturday or both days. Kinda playing it by ear right now.

You think there's anywhere up there that might have a decent 35" spare laying around that I could get mounted b4 I go wheeling? I'm still carrying around that one with the big ass hole in the sidewall. The tireshop said the hole was too big to patch/tube.

Matt I'll check out the place near me that has spare tires. If you can get that tire unmounted i can mount up the new tire for you by hand. Also matt do you want that rear window still? let me know i've got it out of the truck. I PMed you about it a couple of days ago.

my truck is at the welder right now getting my front receiver made. i hope to have my new winch wired and installed by 815 saturday morning. i want to try it out real bad....i might just get myself stuck just to use it.

by the way..the weather report for each day is about a 50 % chance of thunderstorms...mud...this is gonna be fun

Originally posted by Bigcheck1
...by the way..the weather report for each day is about a 50 % chance of thunderstorms...mud...this is gonna be fun

Mud...I hate mud.......

Yeah I saw the weather.com forecast and I hate mud too. Are you guys still planning on going even if it turns into a mudbog 4wd event and campout in rainstorms?

This is giving me second thoughts on driving a 1,500 mile roundtrip to do this....

the ground here is still pretty firm. we have had alot of rain in spurts. its like an afternoon thunderstorm. i was down by the river yesterday and the water level is still the same, so i dont think it will be that muddy....sure there will be the typical mud holes but other than that the trails should be fine. you should still come. i'm only 30 mins from hazleton so the conditions are the same.

Gerald, there are enough trails at Paragon that are on the rocks, etc, that we can avoid the mud for the most part. If you don't wanna get really muddy, you can avoid it (as I will). As for the camping, if it really gets messy, you can stay at my house (I'm about 2 hours from Paragon) Saturday night, and then Rousch creek is about 75 minutes directly south of my place for Sunday.

along those same lines jeff, if anybody wants to stay at my fraternity house and live the lifestyle for the night, you're more than welcome

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pumped, I just ordered my James Duff 8.8" skid plate. They're only 80 bucks right now if you guys are interested. It should be here Friday. Doug... you should get one for your leaky diff :p

Back