• Register Today It's free!

Unhappy with black trim on sport?

CD_Donaldson

Reaction score
City, State
Waynesville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I guess I'm honestly kinda just wanting to see opinions on the black trim color for the Sport models. I have a 2016 sport that's bronze fire metallic and I'm just not a fan of the black grille and such. If it were a perfect world where I had loads of money, I'd probably switch everything over to chrome. Has anybody done this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Most members seem to be of the opposite opinion. They are switching out chrome for black. Members have switched grilles, painted or plasti-dipped them. There are a few threads on grilles etc.

Peter

I have to agree with Peter's post.

My opinion is the black makes the Sport look somewhat menacing, in a good way. I wish the chrome handles were either painted or black on my 14. The chrome doesn't fit the Sport.

The Platinum / Limited are full of chrome.

And I agree the Sport looks good blacked out. My 13 also has the chrome handles which is weird because its the only chrome beside the exhaust tips

I guess I'm honestly kinda just wanting to see opinions on the black trim color for the Sport models. I have a 2016 sport that's bronze fire metallic and I'm just not a fan of the black grille and such. If it were a perfect world where I had loads of money, I'd probably switch everything over to chrome. Has anybody done this?
I don't have a Sport, but I like the chrome! And it doesn't need paint touch ups, either

Back