upper control arm camber bolt kit???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

upper control arm camber bolt kit????

h.e.a.t.

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mountaineer
does anyone know if you can buy the upper control arm camber bolt kit for a 00 Mountaineer at Murrays or Autozone? If so, what do they call them at the store because I had no luck searching on their websites. I think they may have a different name for those bolts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a kit from napa once. never did use it and returned it...

So I decided to go with buying the kit from the dealership. I installed it and took it to Goodyear for an alignment and they tell me that I installed the wrong parts and they couldn't do a full alignment. Now after a week of riding with them my steering wheel keeps cutting itself to the right and the truck is veering off in the same direction. I took it back to Goodyear to get a diagnostic and without looking at the truck they tell me that its doing this cus I have the wrong kit installed which they want me to pay $387 for them to do it. Can anyone give me some insight? Is Goodyear's assumption correct? What could be making the steering do this? BTW, upper control arm, lower ball joint and both outer tie rods are brand new.

camber & caster

The reason that your steering pulls to the right is because the caster is out of alignment. Did you reuse the stock bolts or buy new ones with the cams? The reason I bought the complete kits is to avoid the hassle you're going thru. They are much easier to adjust. A lot of shops don't have experienced technicians that know how to manually align a front end. They just put a machine on it and it tells them what to do. If it's too far out of specification the machine tells them to replace the adjusters. Find another alignment shop.

Thats b.s. I recently replaced my upper and lower ball joints and upper control arms. I reinstalled them with the Moog camber bolt kit. My local tire shop alligned my truck with no problems.

I recommend taking it else where, and explain to the tech who will be alligning it that you replaced the camber bolts and would like your camber adjusted. Make sure they dont just do a toe and go.

I just recently installed the camber kit, purchased from Napa about $60 total. Did it come with new bolts? and are the washers separate from the bolts? (i.e. the bolt and these washers thingy's should NOT be welded together)

The reason that your steering pulls to the right is because the caster is out of alignment. Did you reuse the stock bolts or buy new ones with the cams? The reason I bought the complete kits is to avoid the hassle you're going thru. They are much easier to adjust. A lot of shops don't have experienced technicians that know how to manually align a front end. They just put a machine on it and it tells them what to do. If it's too far out of specification the machine tells them to replace the adjusters. Find another alignment shop.

I bought new bolts and cambers from the dealership. The ones I have really only go in one way, at least that I know of. There isnt much room for adjustments.

I just recently installed the camber kit, purchased from Napa about $60 total. Did it come with new bolts? and are the washers separate from the bolts? (i.e. the bolt and these washers thingy's should NOT be welded together)

The ones from the dealership are welded on. I think that I'm gonna go buy the ones from NAPA. I hate that I already spent $60 on the ones from the dealership though. I'm gonna go to Belle Tire in the morning and see what they say about an alignment.

I think that having a good Control Arm Kit would benefit the performance of the vehicle. Try to change it and make it good to happen. All throughout it, you must be able to determine if it is good or not.

Back