Vacuum hose? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum hose?

fearsnear

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mountaineer
Hey guys i am decently new to this forum so I'm going to apologize in advance if there is another thread with the same content. Anyways i need a new vacuum hose. I've been doing some research on here and I came to believe that the hose I'm looking for is called an IAC valve hose...? Its the black molded plastic hose located next to the MAF sensor and goes underneath the intake and up to the IAC. (I have a sohc 4.0l mountaineer). So my question is where can i buy one these from, would napa or autozone have it? Thanks!

I was unaware they made 4.0 mountaineers

I was unaware they made 4.0 mountaineers

yes they did, but they seem to be less common than the V8's. at some point (2001 maybe?) i think all the Mountaineer's were V8's.

must buy whole assembly

According to a past post from a forum member even if just the flexible elbow is split you have to buy the whole assembly which is fairly expensive. I think he ended up buying a section of heater hose with and 90 degree bend to fix the leak. I'll try and find the thread.

Edit: I found the thread. Here's the link: Need help finding part number for intake manifold.
Ford wants $235 for the assembly.

Back