-TT+ home made shackles
-31" Motomaster Roughrider A/T's
-K&N panel + swiss cheeze
-westin safari bar W/ lights
-black chrome tail lights
-12" xplod (crap!) sub w/ MTX amp), Clarion head unit
-freshly cleaned MAF & TB
-Roady2 Xm radio
-8ml/10 L acetone/gas ratio trials (currently in town 16 mpg, hwy tbd)
-tranny cooler

Better late than never I guess! I'm in Cold Lake, Alberta and drive a '98 XLT 4.0 OHV

857036_6_full.jpg
This is a few weeks after I bought it, wanted to get it a bit muddy

857036_4_full.jpg
Later that spring I took the 31" roughrider A/T's off my permanantly parked 84 K5 and donated them to my "new" truck with only a bit of rubbing on hard bumps. At the same time I did the "swiss cheese" airbox mod with a drop in K&N panel filter

857036_16_full.jpg
about 2.5" TT and shackle lift, no more rubbing!

857036_17_full.jpg
857036_18_full.jpg
And finally my new taillights just arrived. Black chrome, not to everybody's taste but I like em

I'll try to keep updated to prevent overcrowding a single post next time, Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: looks cool

-Drew

I got the install kit for my safari bar today (the store guy didnt know you had to buy the kit separately...) so here are pics. I had to chase the threads on one side of the actual bar because there was weld spackle chewing my bolt. The instructions were so vague that I tossed them and was able to install it in about 10 minutes taking my time
857036_19_full.jpg

857036_20_full.jpg

857036_21_full.jpg

looks good....but i have to say what the hell is that thing covering your grill....a bug guard?

Yeah, its a bug guard/net deely that I normally only keep on when driving on the highway, but forgot to remove it for the picture. It came on the truck and I cant take the snaps off though because they are screwed into the plastic

I like it. Good job. :thumbsup:

i like it, and i ike the color of your x a lot. keep the mods coming

Heres a note to anybody buying aftermarket lights: before you install your lights, seal them yourself with clear silicone in case they were not proporly sealed from the factory! After 3 days of rain my lights filled with water and completely fogged. now i'm waiting for them to dry out so I can seal and install them again... On a brighter note, I'm very happy with the colour cure wax I bought on sale for 3 bucks, made many a scratch dissapear with the help of my new orbital polisher, look at the pics for the differance!
857036_23_full.jpg
Before

857036_24_full.jpg
After

857036_25_full.jpg
Shiny Truck

ooo nice and shiny.....wax does wonders with trail scratches

Trail scratches?......those aren't scratches....those are Redneck Pinstripes..

Ryan

^^ i was refering to mine(or pinstripes) either way you look at it

I dont have many "redneck pinstripes" because I usually kept to wider trails, mostly what I have is road rash from gravel and sandy streets

Got the Tx case throwout bearing changed and had synthetic fluid put into it a few weeks to a month ago. Just finnished doing the front diff today and boy was it filthy! The oil wasnt even gungy green like some people describe dirty oil as, no this was grey, borderline black and twice as thick as the new stuff! Some good clean synthetic will do the trick. If my digicam wouldnt have crapped out on me I woulda taken pictures. Well, if I can find some 85W140 synthetic in town I'm gonna do the rear tomorrow as I already bought the friction modifier. Crappy tire and Wal-scrap dont have it in synthetic, but maybe Bumper to Bumper or UAP will... I'll try to borrow somebody's camera too if I end up doing the rear tomorrow.

Well, my list is now updated, I have just flushed my power steering and tranny and replaced it with Amsoil, and added a tranny cooler. I did this earlier than due because my water pump failed, so while I had the lines taken off, I may as well flush the tranny, etc. Now everything is synthetic, so I'll see if it makes much differance in MPG for my OHV

Wow, I havent updated in a long time! Probably because I sold the Ex after having weeks of nonstop breakdowns and problems. Looking at a new '98 now though that I dont need it as a daily driver. This one is a maroon '98, not much info on it but owner says it needs either a new tranny or shifter linkage, but I offered him 500 bucks and he's thinking about it. One day it just wouldnt move when he took it out of park, no forward, no reverse, but the shifter lever is moving so hopefully it is just the linkage, I kinda miss my ex!

nice x u got there

Back