Volvo 3,cars 0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Volvo 3,cars 0

So I pop over a hill on US 169 in Minneapolis yesterday and everyone had stopped......yikes.I was doing about 60mph and climbed on the brakes but the truck was empty.S**t,s**t,holy ######,ouch.

Got her down to about 20mph before the impact,no one hurt thank God and not a scratch on the truck.I was impressed at how well the Audi held up considering the hit it took.

The Chevy Malibu folded up like a beer can,I'll run right out and buy one of those pos cars.Oh well....again no one hurt and that is the important thing.:thumbsup:

011.jpg

001-1.jpg

010.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

009-1.jpg

Just so you know,the truck weighs about 34,000 lbs empty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank goodness no injuries.

Dad did about the same in his truck 3 years ago. Popped around a corner on a 2 lane & some lady was stopped for a garbage truck. Popped her at about 10mph but left a fairly good sized dent. Volvo emerged unscathed :D.

Tough trucks!

Glad no one was hurt. Nice job by you. I'm thinking this could've been a lot worse!!

That's the only volvo I wouldn't mind having parked in my yard.

You have anti-lock brakes on that beast?

What a perfect billboard in the back ground of the last pic as far as the Malibu is concerned :D

glad that no one got hurt

ha nice whoops
"is your car a lemon"

Glad no one was hurt..........but I know one thing they sure like to tailgate and speed over there.

Thank goodness no one was hurt. And I have seen that video its crazy I would have never guess that old car would fold like that.

Get any tickets for this ?

Back