want to go wheeling in gwnf | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

want to go wheeling in gwnf

I hope that the Forestry Service does not close any trails. I hope people tread lightly in the GWNF. It appears to me that over the last 8-years, a lot of the trails in the GWNF have been closed to motorized traffic. I am not much on backpacking.

I've seen that hillclimb on Kephart. I don't know why anyone would want to do it, its steep, slick, and deadends so you have to back it down IF you make it to the top. The risk of rolling back down is very high too. There are many other trails out there that I have explored, some are worth it and some aren't. It is true that the FS is closing more trails as we speak, mostly due to drunk townies goin out there with their mudmachines and tearing up the ground (its true too!)

At least this site, Fourwheeler and 4-Wheel and Offroad magizines actively discourage irresponsible offroading. I guess some people don't know how to read. It is shame that some jackass has to ruin it for everyone else. It is like being in elementry school again.

Tread Lightly

Back