Water Leak | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Leaking moon roof on 2013 xlt explorer. The dealer is trying but I would like to drive more than back an forth to the dealer...

Hi Shuvelhead,

I want to assist by getting your regional customer service manager involved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll make it happen.

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally fixed

After 9 visits to the dealer they finally fixed the leak,It was above the hatch all across the inside where the rubber Seal is they used self leveling seam sealer
And that did the trick for mine.
This will be the last time on this post but will hang around
To see that other problems are fixed namely the steering problem which is a huge concern for safety reasons.
Frank

I just noticed my 2011 leaking through the RR seatbelt too. I have the sunroof and about 42000 miles. I have an appt with the dealer on monday to see what they say. I have already started a case with customer service, we'll see how this goes...... I will not tolerate a "no problem found"!

I just noticed my 2011 leaking through the RR seatbelt too. I have the sunroof and about 42000 miles. I have an appt with the dealer on monday to see what they say. I have already started a case with customer service, we'll see how this goes...... I will not tolerate a "no problem found"!

How did your appointment go, sd1979? Let us know if you have any updates to share. If you need my assistance, just send me a shout via PM.

Crystal

They found mine

Sir the problem isn't finding it the problem is fixing it . I had mine in 8 times and finally had someone that knew what to do.
Be persistent and you will eventually get it fixed
Frank

I just got mine back and it was fixed on the first try!! Big thanks to north country ford MN for making this a very simple and stress free experience, especially the service advisor Denny. It ended up being the seam around and behind the right side hatch hinge that caused the leak. They sealed it up and fixed it at no cost to me with 42k on the ticker. Just so happens that tonight after picking it up I drove through a major downpour and not a drop came in!

I got my 2012 ford explorer back after going back in the shop to be fixed again for water leak down the seatbelts.. The first rain we had no leak.. The second rain was yesterday and water coming in down the passenger third row seat belt.. This will be the 3rd time in the shop for water leak and still not fixed.. The third time the headliner will have to be pulled off and 4th time overall being in the shop.. I have already been without my vehicle for 30 days since Mid July.. SO IF YOU THINK YOU VEHICLE IS FIXED IT MAY NOT BE.... Very disappointed :(

I got my 2012 ford explorer back after going back in the shop to be fixed again for water leak down the seatbelts.. The first rain we had no leak.. The second rain was yesterday and water coming in down the passenger third row seat belt.. This will be the 3rd time in the shop for water leak and still not fixed.. The third time the headliner will have to be pulled off and 4th time overall being in the shop.. I have already been without my vehicle for 30 days since Mid July.. SO IF YOU THINK YOU VEHICLE IS FIXED IT MAY NOT BE.... Very disappointed :(

Yep, mine was fixed once and got another leak a year later.
Started a Lemon Law case, Ford made a money offer but I want out of this piece of crap.

Yep, mine was fixed once and got another leak a year later.
Started a Lemon Law case, Ford made a money offer but I want out of this piece of crap.

I think we are going to contact an attorney to see what they can do. I want out of my POS car as well.

My 2013 Explorer went back to the dealer ship again today. The leaky moon roof issue. Jim Smith in service has been taking photos at Fords request, as to make sure the glass has the Ford logo on them. 3 times Jim has sent the photos and 3 times Ford has rejected the photos of the obvious Ford emblem. I ask Jim why Ford would be doing this and Jim said this is a $2000 job Replacing the moon roof glass. The seals are on the glass. Jim and the dealership are trying but Ford is the issue. This issue has been going on since May or June, so long I've forgot.

I took my 2012 ford explorer back in the shop for the 3rd time for the same water leak down the 3rd row seatbelts. Went back in the shop on Monday and today they call me and they cant seem to make it leak when they put the hose on it therefore there is nothing they can do.. I have the pictures of where is leaked this past Saturday and my seatbelts and side panels had water running down them... We are so disappointed and disgusted and don't know what to do..

I took my 2012 ford explorer back in the shop for the 3rd time for the same water leak down the 3rd row seatbelts. Went back in the shop on Monday and today they call me and they cant seem to make it leak when they put the hose on it therefore there is nothing they can do.. I have the pictures of where is leaked this past Saturday and my seatbelts and side panels had water running down them... We are so disappointed and disgusted and don't know what to do..
If you haven't already done so, I would suggest that you send a PM (private message) to Crystal or Ashley, the Ford reps on this forum. See post #372 in this thread for the info she will require. Just click on FordService in the left margin and select "Send a private message to...."
It is not unusual to not see the leak by simply running water from a hose. Several members have mentioned that before.
Good luck.

Peter

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest that you send a PM (private message) to Crystal or Ashley, the Ford reps on this forum. See post #372 in this thread for the info she will require. Just click on FordService in the left margin and select "Send a private message to...."
It is not unusual to not see the leak by simply running water from a hose. Several members have mentioned that before.
Good luck.

Peter

I have contacted them but no really doing much since the problem cant seem to be corrected.. I got my vehicle back and then it rained last night and the driver side 3rd row seatbelt is leaking again opposite side as last week..UGH.. Took back to Ford this morning..

Got my vehicle back this past Monday the 21st. They say that they sealed both sides and were able to replicate leaks on both sides.. We shall see..

I noticed yesterday that the clock on my screen was not correct.. The clock beside my speedometer was correct.. I went in to correct the time but then it did it again and got behind the clock by my speedometer. Then it would just jump to the correct time in a split second.. I added my temperature reading on the screen this morning and it is stays in sync with the temperature gauge by my speedometer and I noticed when my time quits working on my screen if the temperature changes then it updates the time to the correct time.. Has anyone else had this problem..

Another problem with this POS Car..

Found out yesterday that I have some sort of leak going on in the drivers ride rear roof area as well. By chance I went to put something fragile in the rear most cup holder on the drivers side and noticed there was about 1/4" of water in it. I then noticed dried water lines coming down from the cup holder area to the carpet. Removing the spare tire cover and sticking my fingers under the carpet/insulation area, it was still pretty damp. Have not had rain here in about a week, but a week or so earlier, we have 5 days of on/off rain.

Guess I will call the dealership tomorrow morning.

Add me to the list with this same issue. Water leak in the third row seat, 5th attempt at repair in 5 months, over 110 days in shop since June 2013. Here are the facts I know...the ford rep that shows up here only has connections to your district customer service manager (no higher connections); this is a widespread problem with explorers that Ford is refusing to acknowledge and is trying to hide; there is NO fix. You have to give them the opportunity to make repairs to your vehicle, but dot your i's and cross your t's cause they owe you another vehicle. We had to hire an attorney because our dealership and district csm and ford rep on facebook kept giving us the run around! They admitted that this is a manuafacturer's defect not something that the vehicle owner is responsible for. All I had to do was take my vehicle to the automatic car wash to know that it was still leaking. Good luck because you will need it if you have this problem.

Add me to the list with this same issue. Water leak in the third row seat, 5th attempt at repair in 5 months, over 110 days in shop since June 2013. Here are the facts I know...the ford rep that shows up here only has connections to your district customer service manager (no higher connections); this is a widespread problem with explorers that Ford is refusing to acknowledge and is trying to hide; there is NO fix. You have to give them the opportunity to make repairs to your vehicle, but dot your i's and cross your t's cause they owe you another vehicle. We had to hire an attorney because our dealership and district csm and ford rep on facebook kept giving us the run around! They admitted that this is a manuafacturer's defect not something that the vehicle owner is responsible for. All I had to do was take my vehicle to the automatic car wash to know that it was still leaking. Good luck because you will need it if you have this problem.
Welcome to the Forum ex-fordowner.:wavey:
So far so good with mine. It hasn't had any of the big issues plaguing the 5th gen models. I do believe that a couple of members had their leaky vehicles repaired.

Peter

Got my vehicle back this past Monday the 21st. They say that they sealed both sides and were able to replicate leaks on both sides.. We shall see..

I noticed yesterday that the clock on my screen was not correct.. The clock beside my speedometer was correct.. I went in to correct the time but then it did it again and got behind the clock by my speedometer. Then it would just jump to the correct time in a split second.. I added my temperature reading on the screen this morning and it is stays in sync with the temperature gauge by my speedometer and I noticed when my time quits working on my screen if the temperature changes then it updates the time to the correct time.. Has anyone else had this problem..

Another problem with this POS Car..

I had a similar clock problem. Fixed it ! I used the quick reboot for the MFT listed in the Tech section, top of page, in the Stickys called something like MFT acting up, try this......best regards Plum

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a similar clock problem. Fixed it ! I used the quick reboot for the MFT listed in the Tech section, top of page, in the Stickys called something like MFT acting up, try this......best regards Plum
I moved it to the 'Stickys' on this Forum and also copied it to the 'Stickys' in the IVT Forum for maximum visibility.

Peter

Back