What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

how do they sound?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they made an eddie w the JBL system without the sub??? i thought jbl=sub? i wonder howhtye compare to aftermkt speakers... i saw a few from the MACH system in the JY, and thought the quality for OE was good! loving my kickers though!

nice nice!!!! i have the mach system, but with kicker CS speakers and the comp C sub... no regrets here either, they bump great!!! (no, my X didnt come with mach as an XLT, but i made my own with JY wiring harness, HU, amp, etc)

My 4.0 says wine wine burnouts

"red red wine, stay close to me" wait... wrong wine!!!!! :burnout:

I have Kickers in the Explorer and in the RV, and have been looking at the powered subs.
i say go for the sub!!! the bass increas efrom the kicker CS to the kicker CS+Comp C8 sub is huge!!!!!!!! loving my sub, no regrets here!

I Bought a 10" alpine type r with the dual voice coil at a garage sale for $20. Holy hell this thing can move some air. It's replacing my old single coil Kicker 15" comp c. I'm saving a ton of room this way without hardly any lose of bass. Anyone live in northern cali need a 15"?

Today I fixed the blend door in the 04 ex
Took all day and a trip to the jy

....the little actuator arm broke off ...
Had to remove the glove box and radio bezel ect...
Found the broken part
Went to the junkyard
got the pice then I reinforced it with steel wool and good epoxy....kinda like fiberglass....
Then the little broken piece was back
After it cured I sanded it back to shape coated it again with just epoxy
Put it all together
Now to figure out why it broke in the first place a few adjustments with a dremel tool ....Oval out a mounting hole... it will never break again and it looks good to because I ant no hack lol

Went today to the shop out of town, they're replacing upper and lower ball joints with the control arm/joint assembly and 2 more ball joints. (rear ones? Don't remember!) As well as intalling the stabilizer bar link kits. They say I shouldn't need an alignment. They also checked my EX for frame integrity (they OK'd it for not having rusty frame! ) Should cost about $820, 5.6 hrs. labor. They are using parts from Precision, mechanic says he's had better results than MOOG with these. Any of you folks try Precision parts? Got it in the afternoon, should be finished tomorrow! As the lack of tight swaybars let me drift sideways in 20mph crosswind, it will get a TEST driving home as we have West winds 25 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph expected and I'm traveling south to north, LOL:)

for me, im a moog/ES fan, but intersted to see how these hold up!!! never used them before, can only say not a huge quicksteer fan... my endlinks failed in ~20-30k miles OE ones lasted much longer... :( :confused2: maybe i got a bad batch...

for me, im a moog/ES fan, but intersted to see how these hold up!!! never used them before, can only say not a huge quicksteer fan... my endlinks failed in ~20-30k miles OE ones lasted much longer... :( :confused2:
Thanks for the reply, what is ES? I plan on driving more in the future (when gas prices ease a bit) but at my rate 20-30K miles is years into the future!

Thanks for the reply, what is ES? I plan on driving more in the future (when gas prices ease a bit) but at my rate 20-30K miles is years into the future!
ES= energy suspension... they make great poly bushings imo!!! have them on my endlinks now (front and abck) and also on my control arms... i hear poly isnt the best in the control arms, but so far theyre doing great!!!

Well, my Ex (Green Hornet) passed the wind tunnel test with flying colors. Crosswinds 23 mph steady gusts up to 40. On the other hand my bro's 2002 Blazer he drove me to the shop in, poor thing was all over the road. I'd got Precision lower ball joints, upper and lower control arms with their ball joints, and swaybar links (poly bushings) front and back. Night and day difference. Good shop recommended by BIL, they'd done my brakes previously. And lower than their quote too, came to $791. Very happy. Guess I'll warn my bro to take a look at his suspension.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today I changed my power steering cooler
I kinda dropped a engine on mine lol just a little tho

received_5138581612864690.jpeg

Got a brand used unit from the junk yard
Cleaned it
received_945980452757560.jpeg

That's what I did with my ex today :)

Back