What do I do with my SKINNY Michelins? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do I do with my SKINNY Michelins?

I just put a set of Michelin LTX M/S 235-75/15's on my X because the previous set went 50K miles on a 4200 pound, 4X4 vehicle - not bad! THEN I found this website and discovered that I didn't have to keep puting up with 5 inches of ground clearance. I've just lifted my X 1.5 inches with torsion twist and add-a-leaf, and now the skinny tires look ridiculous. Also, I could use the extra ground clearance from taller tires.

Since I only drive 10K a year, it will take 5 years for the Michelins to wear out before I can buy some 10.5-31's. There does not appear to be a hot market for stock 15X7 alloys and skinny tires. Am I missing some obvious way to find a new owner for my old wheels/tires? Any ideas?

you could try to sell them on ebay.....

A lot of time you can sell your stock wheels and tires on eBay for about $400. Specially if they're new tires. That way you'd only have to shell out another $500 or so for new wheels AND tires. Oooh yeah. :D

try to sell em here first in the for sale/trade forum, and if you get no bites, then throw em on ebay. people are always looking to buy stock wheels and tires. i sold mine on ebay for $550 i think (though, they were 265 70 r16's on 16" teardrops.)

Use them on the next Explorer you are gonna by as a streeter after moding your current one into an offroad beast! :thumbsup:

Back