What have you done to your Explorer Today? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What have you done to your Explorer Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polizi212

Reaction score
City, State
Northeast Ohio.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
As the Title says What have you done to your Explorer Today?

I will consider Saturday a continuation of today since I am still working on my Explorer. It started yesterday when I got a warning message on my dash "Service RSC Now!" with a very annoying warning beep! The ABS light and stability control lights would come on but after a few minutes would go off but the wrench light would stay lit, then every time I would make a left turn it would do it again. So I made a quick trip to my local Autozone and had them pull the codes and I had a code C1145 RF wheel speed sensor. So I went home and start looking for the part and I find them but that wheel speed sensor is like is about $160.00. Well since I am cheap and I need to replace my Driver side wheel hub as well I buy a new wheel hub. I took the new ABS sensor off the new part put it on the right front and that cured my ABS issue. Now I am in the middle of doing the front Driver side Hub Bearing.

I dreaded doing the hub bearing but so far all the bolts have come out really easy. I have not had to resort to any breaker bars, impact wrenches, or torches. I was to the part of having to use a hammer to get the old hub out but it was late and my wife and kids didn't like the loud pounding so I called it a night. Lucky for me my attached garage can be heated since it was 32 degrees yesterday here, It was about 55 in the garage. So today my plan of action is to get the old hub off get the new on on and then since it will be close to 50 temperature wise I am going to treat my Explorer to a Car Wash!

So what have you done to your Explorer Today? (yesterday counts too)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been spending time bringing our '99 Grand Marquis back to life. Knock wood, the Explorer is, and has been trouble free. Despite the sub freezing temps, I intend to hand wash it in a couple hours.

Good thinking on the sensor swap! :thumbsup:

Ornery, I used to have a Panther myself a 1996 Crown Vic, I miss that car. Whats wrong with yoir Grand Marquis? I am too lazy to hand wash my Explorer today so its getting the drive thru car wash treatment.

Mounted the plow to move the foot or so of snow off my driveway after the snow storm. Need to take it off before going to work (about 4 min process).

Getting ready to replace my radiator this week.

13 months ago the '99 GM had a bad miss. Turned out, #4 had zero compression. I drove it that way, one day per week over the last year. Figured it needed an engine. In the mean time, on 12/31/11, I bought my wife an '04 Grand Marquis Limited. She really would have preferred a minivan. Last fall, a ball joint broke on the '94 Town Car, my daily driver. While fixing that, I noticed rust is taking its toll on the frame, so I decided to take the '04 for myself, and get my wife something she likes. On 10/11/12 she got the Explorer.

My son's '95 Grand Marquis is on its last legs due to rust, bad tranny etc. Decided to get that engine installed in the '99. My new mechanic found the rocker arm off on #4. Put it back on, and it ran OK. CEL came on, and he determined it needed an intake manifold, which I installed. That's where I'm at now. An intermittent miss with no CEL or pending code. My son will get it for his birthday in mid March. Not the kind of car kids usually drive, but it's a great one. Just the right blend of handling and smooth ride. Velour interior with the LS bells & whistles including remote start. His '95 will end up being an emergency ride and winter beater.

Just finished washing the Explorer. Not easy drying it with water freezing on some surfaces, but it's shined up nice and the salt is off it.

Good luck with getting that wheel assembly mounted. I still have that job to look forward to. :)

Nothing done today, but in recent history a starter, two power window motors, and the door stationary washer that the latch grabs when closing. Subwoofer cone getting replaced this week. Fuel filter next month. Have some moisture on the radiator and transmission I'm hoping doesn't turn into something major.

This on a 1991 with 258,400 on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back