whatever happened to Clarkkent??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whatever happened to Clarkkent???

As some of you know. I like to beat the living crap out of my truck. so, on tuesday i went down to McNeil Offroad and had Chad fix up my mountaineer. He modded my procomp spindle to support some crazzzy race joint(no more weak ball joint), a beefy upper control arm, and a custom dual shock bucket with dual shocks. Well i came back with a undestructible front suspension..

So today. i went to Pismo dunes to decide to go test it. brought my disposable camera and took hundreds of photos'.

on the last jump of the day, on a new dune ramp... the ramp was a bit steep to be jumping without a skidplate and I plowed the mounty at 35mph straight into it. Managed to catch some air and lose my front bumper and crack my radiator and tranny cooler. Sucks. I learned my lesson. Noo more dunes.
Sorry no pics yet. Right now I'm super bummed. My parents don't know i did it at the dunes and i told them i just ran over a deer. My gf had a real smart idea about smearing chicken liver and chicken blood on the front of my mounty. gonna see wut it looks like tomorow after it dries. Stay tuned for the pics.

p.s. my suspension rocks and held up even after the collision.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anybody know of any cheap radiators?

STOP jumping! :p Sorry to hear man. good luck though.. ;)

My parents don't know i did it at the dunes and i told them i just ran over a deer. My gf had a real smart idea about smearing chicken liver and chicken blood on the front of my mounty. gonna see wut it looks like tomorow after it dries. Stay tuned for the pics

LMAO Was it a Sand Deer? Bwwaaahhaa :D

Damn dude sorry to hear about that. I cracked my radiator right up the middle when I hit a office chair with my grille guard, cost $400 to fix. Good job with the excuse though, I had to make up one too, something like that is the what my parents want to hear to make me stop doing stupid things.

Hopefully you can get it fixed pretty cheap, I wanna see that thing in action!

im gonna get the pictures developed. my cousin let me borrow his beat up old broncoII. i have to drive it to learn a lesson and so i dont take my mounty for granted my mom said.

Why dont you own up and take responsibility for your actions?
Lying to your parents is something you will regret later in life, no matter how small it seems now.

ESPECIALLY if they are paying for repairs!

A desert deer! My dad would have been all over me if I told him that, he could akways see right through that BS.

I would like to know more about the upper ball joint Mcneil installed for you, is it the cone style rebuildable unit? Because if it is DAMN those things are expensive.

$$$ is no object for your truck though, right?

Cheap radiator is about $180 new, Modine 3 core aluminum with plastic side tanks.
Tranny cooler you can replace the stock unit with a Hayden unit, here's your chance to go larger.
You can go really cheap and try to locate the parts you need used too...

I did some stupid stupid stuff when I was younger too so dont think I am trying to be all high and mighty, just speaking from experience, thats all. You play big you pay big.
I just hope its not your parents who keep fixing your truck, if it is the least you could do is be honest with them........

i tore the bumper cover off my hoe hittin a shoping cart at probably 55mph ( i hate target lol ) i went home and told my parents someone took musta hit my car while i was at work..what i didnt know is that the cart splintered and blow little red chuncks all over my engine bay lol...and there was a small peice with a white T on it :(..busted lol

Cool...wanna see the pics.And for what it's worth, Keep jumping! :roll:

ive put my fan through my radiator twice so far :hammer:

Where is usually get my radiators at is radiatorbarn.com, they are like 125$ or soemthign shipped...... and i usually get mine within 2days, since they havea ware house in florida

Good luck, and i want to see some pics of the jumping AND suspension!!!

Did tranny fluid not leak everywhere when u busted the cooler and the lines?

Pics! Pics!

Desert Deer:D LOL

watsup guys. here are the pics. didnt wanna throw them on this site cause it'd probably take a grip load of space.

www.cardomain.com/id/clarkkent
pages 8 and 9.
tell me what you think. later!

You are going to get caught in a lie, and have NO mounty to drive...tell the the truth man.....

Looks like Mini(also Newer) Pumpkin is there.
306944_84_full.jpg

Do you not have anymrpe pics of you jumpin the truck?? or damage??

Looks Good though

PEACE

i ran out of film and i wanted to get the hell outta the dunes before i was stuck there. its 600 bucks to get towed out of the dunes. I managed to drive it to the beach and my buddy had to tie a tow strap to my mounty and tow me through three miles of the city. we passed by two cops and they didnt even see us. we were sooo lucky!

btw. that mini pumpkin, chad is comin to the next explorer meet with that here in pismo. it should be done in a month or so. so you guys better come this time to check it out.

also. i payed for everything. I work on my own truck and take responsibility for everything. what my parents don't know what hurt me.

btw. i think the new joints are cone style mono joints or something. I kno it has a cone on top and bottom. take a look at the pic. i have no clue. its was expensive though. chad said it should be bulletproof.

I feel your pain. I did pretty much the exact same thing to mine. I was wheeling on Easter, crappy day to have to give "the call" to your parents, especially considerin my pops is a pastor. Anyway, I was wheeling in some mud out on the edge of town with a bunch of my friends and one of them had a video camera so of course I had to go big of go home. Well ****, I did go big but I barely made it home. Went off a mud jump and landed nose first into the mud. Tore off my bumper and bent it, cracked the radiator, messed up the fog lights. It sucked, that was the third radiator I had had. Ha, now I'm on four. Anyway, thought I'd share my own dumb story.

Later

When I had done my bodylift, I had lowered the radiator, since the V8 radiator is so tall, it was basically a plow going up steep hill, I ended up plowing it and cracking the plastic tanks.
I got my new radiator from www.radiator.com, pretty easy to install.

Oh yeah, you're nucking futz.

haha. i learned. no more jumpin, i promised my girlfriend. i think imma save up for a sandrail or manx. i sold my 300 dollar bronco for 600 bucks too, so the bronco project is done.

Warform said:
When I had done my bodylift, I had lowered the radiator, since the V8 radiator is so tall, it was basically a plow going up steep hill, I ended up plowing it and cracking the plastic tanks.

I'm on number two also. Didn't lower the second one either. My first one fell into the fan when I was trying up the hood of a car. :D

Attachments

• xoncar.jpg
    xoncar.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 271

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow sine were talkin bout radiator im on #3 :)

First one we dont know what happened to it, justthe felx fan went into it, solution, bought a new radiator, and smaller flex fan spacer,

#2 was in a hella deep water hoel that i dunked it in, we juess the Flex fan didnt liek the water and got all bent to hell, fixed it on the trail and drove it home,Solution, bought a new one, and im nto runnign an electric fan, so i can turn it on and off....

Back