What's everybody doing for July 4th..? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's everybody doing for July 4th..?

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
There are two things I absolutely HAVE to do the weekend after Independence Day: See Transformers and watch Fireworks. Beer and four wheeling would be good too, although I'd settle for some tubing and crabs. Anyone want to take a road trip up north to Hazleton (there's some open trails up there.. not Paragon, but fun places to camp and get some mud on the tires without getting arrested). Or do you guys want to do something more local? i'm down for anything, I just don't wanna spend the weekend alone! :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We're in Bethany Beach with Shimpy :D.

No go for me, I got family shindigs and will be trying to install the hydraulics doodads.

For Labor Day we have Boomsday in Knoxville TN, one of the largest fireworks displays every year. We usually have around 300,000 people show up. It closes off two bridges for two days. The fireworks are shot off mostly from the bridges over the river. People are well spread out over several square miles.

It's better to get into than our VOLS football games(105k), and about the same to leave after. It starts around 9:00 or so, come on down, there are no fees, just your parking issues. Regards,

We're in Bethany Beach with Shimpy :D.

Shimpy, LOL :D

IZwack said:
No go for me, I got family shindigs and will be trying to install the hydraulics doodads.

I used to have family shindigs, but I kinda ran out of the family part :(

CDW, thanks for the invite... however, TN is a bit of a drive for me LOL!

We have fireworks at Bethany and there's a place to crash...no mud though..:confused:

We have fireworks at Bethany and there's a place to crash...no mud though..:confused:

And theirs some of your relatives off the coast about 50-60 miles out :D

Gotta try to find something to do will be in Denver Colorado for 2 weeks working maybe even considering relocating there if i think i can deal with the snow in winter. :D

And theirs some of your relatives off the coast about 50-60 miles out :D

I am seriously going to kick you for that one, you butt pirate. :mattmoon:

Cyber, I'll be right behind you man. I'm fed up with the cost of living, attitude, and horrific humidity here on the East Coast. If I ever get the $$ saved up, my trucks and I will be out to Colorado faster'n a cheetah on speed ;)

i was just gonna go over to a buddies house and cuddle with a keg for a while.

StopThatBS.gif

I am seriously going to kick you for that one, you butt pirate. :mattmoon:

Cyber, I'll be right behind you man. I'm fed up with the cost of living, attitude, and horrific humidity here on the East Coast. If I ever get the $$ saved up, my trucks and I will be out to Colorado faster'n a cheetah on speed ;)

lol.. You know you will never live up that nickname.. I could always post the AIM chat log regarding you talking about tuna bagels :D

Hmm.. I think mine might involve something from this pile.. The one drawback about buying lots of fireworks like I did about 3-5 years ago, you still have tons of it left over.. But these are the ones that go bang :D

Attachments

• fireworks.jpg
    fireworks.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 120

Hehehehehe..Fireworks...Got some for me too :D

I think you need some mortars....

Back