What's the latest on delivery timelines? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's the latest on delivery timelines?

marc515

Reaction score
City, State
Brick, NJ
Just saw a thread below where it took 14 weeks; yesterday, a dealer told us 8 weeks.

So, what's the truth?

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it's quicker now just based on all the posts on the forum. I'm at 7 weeks as of tommorow and the build date was 10 days ago. It still shows as released from plant instead of in transit, but I'm hoping it gets to MD in about a week, making it 8 weeks or at the outside, 9 weeks. We shall see.

Is there a way of tracking vehicles other than contacting my dealer or Seni to get the status on a vehicle built a week ago?

I placed an order on 2/21 and our X was delivered 4/13. It's worth the wait :thumbsup:

I ordered on 3/25, it was built on 4/29 and is already on a carrier in route to my dealer as of today. So - looks to be about 5.5 weeks for me.

I ordered 3/12 and the ETA is 5/7 per Seni, though the dealer told me a week after as the ETA, I guess as a cushion. With the dealer's ETA, it was about 2 months for me (hopefully if all goes as planned).

Still wondering!

I ordered an XLT on March 22nd. I've called customer service and still don't have a build date or anything. I wish I could get some information on it! Oh well, I just hope it's worth the wait!

Teehee,

PM Seni about it. I called Customer Service this morning and they didn't have a VIN number, but Seni gave me one this afternoon (and, if I understand correctly, they are assigned on Thursdays).

DH

Ordered 3/22
VIN 4/8
Built 4/26
Delivery Scheduled for 5/9

That's 7 weeks if it shows up as scheduled.

I just found out the status is now in transit as of yesterday, 5/2. That is exactly 7 weeks from the 3/14 order date. I'm hoping it will only take a few days to get here since it is coming by truck. Still no syncmyride. Perhaps that is set up after it arrives.

ordered 3/1
vin received 4/21
built 5/3
waiting... told to expect to wait between 2 to 4 weeks. If so ill be happy but I don't see it happening.

Not here yet...

In transit since 3/29. Still not here...can't do much about it though. :(

I got the call at 9:00 this morning. It's at the dealer!!! The status changed to in transit on Monday, so it only took 2 days. Total time from order, 7 wks, 2 days. Hope everyone else gets good news soon.

Just saw a thread below where it took 14 weeks; yesterday, a dealer told us 8 weeks.

So, what's the truth?

Thank you

My dealer said 6 weeks but reading other posts it could be longer.

ordered 3/1
vin received 4/21
built 5/3
waiting... told to expect to wait between 2 to 4 weeks. If so ill be happy but I don't see it happening.

Hey how are you getting the updates I called the 888-207-1248 (option 2, 2) gave them the dealer number and they told me to submit an email using the "system"...

Ordered 3/22
VIN 4/8
Built 4/26
Delivery Scheduled for 5/9

That's 7 weeks if it shows up as scheduled.

Your Explorer is certainly making good timing!

Hey how are you getting the updates I called the 888-207-1248 (option 2, 2) gave them the dealer number and they told me to submit an email using the "system"...

Explorer209,

I can help track your order status, if you are interested. Feel free to PM me with your order number and dealer code, or a VIN would suffice. It may take me a day or two to reply but I will definitely get back to you as soon as I am able.

~Seni

Thanks! I sent you a PM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the call at 9:00 this morning. It's at the dealer!!! The status changed to in transit on Monday, so it only took 2 days. Total time from order, 7 wks, 2 days. Hope everyone else gets good news soon.

Congrats! It was a pleasure to keep you updated along the way! :)

Enjoy your Explorer!

~Seni

Back