What's the latest on delivery timelines? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's the latest on delivery timelines?

Seriously.... 4 days from build to delivery? That is impressive..... Im just hoping mine gets here in less than 2 weeks....

Yeah, really. Mine was allegedly built 5/4 and I live only 4 hours from the plant, yet 12 days later still no delivery date. Wilson has a build date 8 days after mine and he's getting his tomorrow? WTH?

I'm sure I'll love the vehicle if it ever arrives, but the process has really soured me on Ford. I doubt I'd go through another order process with them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moo 26, just got confirmation from Natasha (thanks a lot) that my Ex is in transit and that the ETA is still 5/24. Since it looks like our Explorers are on the same schedule and probably the same rail car/ truck to Southern California, I assume your Ex is still on the same schedule as well. Natasha did point out that it will take 2 or 3 days at the dealer before it is really ready for pickup and that the ETA could change, but so far, so good.
My dealer was kind enough to send me printouts of his status checking software. It showed the times and locations of the train as it made its way from Tucson into California and up through Palm Springs. This also showed cars appear to be unloaded from the train and onto trucks in Mira Loma. It even gave the name of the trucking company. Sure enough, when I Google Map Mira Loma, you can see a big train yard where cars are unloaded onto waiting transport trucks.

For those in SoCal with cars in transit, wait a few days and get status again. My ETA actually went down a couple of days, and it proved to be accurate.

I hope my X gets offloaded at the train yard in Mira Loma as my dealer is only 15 mins away from that rail station. Looks like it is time for me to shoot another email to my dealer.

I am still waiting on my Explorer info. I placed the order on April 8, 2011 and am told the dealer will get an allocation this week. I am wondering if the Limited and 4 wheel drive is slowing the process down?

Andy
West Tennessee
Hang in there as your order gets processed. I'm keeping an eye on it to make sure it's coming along smoothly and not being slowed down by anything like you mentioned.

WilsonL, I'm really glad to see that your Explorer arrived! Will you be posting pictures when you get it home?

Moo26, your Explorer is definitely moving right along as well!

Rocketfan, it’s highly possible that your Explorers are sharing the same transportation. Please drop a line when you would like another update!

StunnedMonkey, I'm sorry this process has been a bit difficult at times. I'll continue to keep an eye on your order as well. I'll make sure you're messaged as soon as any new information becomes available.

Cory

StunnedMonkey, I'm sorry this process has been a bit difficult at times. I'll continue to keep an eye on your order as well. I'll make sure you're messaged as soon as any new information becomes available.

Cory

Ah, it hasn't been that bad really, I guess. If not for the Interwebs I'd probably not be frustrated at all. I'd just figure that it takes as long as it takes. ;)

It's finding forums like this and seeing the apparent "inequity" of some people getting them so quickly, while others wait and wait. And to be fair, my wait hasn't (yet) been as long as many previous posters. I can't fathom having my already-built EX stranded in a rail yard outside of Chicago for two months. As life goes there are worse things to suffer than a few weeks waiting for a brand new truck, eh?

And I know everyone on the forum appreciates the assistance that you guys are providing. :chug:

Ah, it hasn't been that bad really, I guess. If not for the Interwebs I'd probably not be frustrated at all. I'd just figure that it takes as long as it takes. ;)

It's finding forums like this and seeing the apparent "inequity" of some people getting them so quickly, while others wait and wait. And to be fair, my wait hasn't (yet) been as long as many previous posters. I can't fathom having my already-built EX stranded in a rail yard outside of Chicago for two months. As life goes there are worse things to suffer than a few weeks waiting for a brand new truck, eh?

And I know everyone on the forum appreciates the assistance that you guys are providing. :chug:
I agree that having a great community like this to talk to other current/future Explorer owners must help immensely. Thank you so much for your kind words. I also really appreciate your patience if it takes a bit longer to get to everyone’s messages!

Cory

Has anyone heard of a delay with 4wd parts? That is the latest excuse I got from the dealer.

Has anyone heard of a delay with 4wd parts? That is the latest excuse I got from the dealer.

Mine was (allegedly) built in May, and it is a 4wd. That's not to say there isn't a parts shortage, but at least some have been produced recently.

Hang in there as your order gets processed. I'm keeping an eye on it to make sure it's coming along smoothly and not being slowed down by anything like you mentioned.

WilsonL, I'm really glad to see that your Explorer arrived! Will you be posting pictures when you get it home?

Moo26, your Explorer is definitely moving right along as well!

Rocketfan, it’s highly possible that your Explorers are sharing the same transportation. Please drop a line when you would like another update!

Thanks, Cory for any help you can provide.

Andy Hooper
Paris, TN
Cory

Mine was built on 5/13 and delivered on 5/20 to Syracuse

Mine was (allegedly) built in May, and it is a 4wd. That's not to say there isn't a parts shortage, but at least some have been produced recently.

Mine is a 4WD built just over a week ago and is here so that sounds like another excuse

My 4wd finally arrived on 5/20. I'm told it's now a RARE item, as it's Tuxedo Black. Can't get them anymore. Not sure that's worth the nearly four month process it took to get this car...

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything I've waited this long for to complete a purchase.

For perspective, the five unit condo building next door took the same amount of time to be built. From a vacant lot. Open house was today.

I like the explorer much more. It doesn't wake me up too early and yell in Spanish into my bedroom. Ole!

Here is the history for my white, 4wd, 302a, tow....

April 18, 2011 - I told dealer to order
April 21, 2011 - Order placed by dealer in the ford system (priority 10)
May 2, 2011 - Received my VIN
May 5, 2011 - Received a personal message from Seni (ford cust svc) on the bulletin board. Said my order was 'picked up' and should be built in 10-12 days. (YEA)
May 14, 2011 - window sticker - says build date of May 20, 2011
May 20, 2011 - Built
May 21, 2011 - Sync My Ride says ver2.8 was loaded (I saw it at 5am)
No word on delivery to the dealer yet.

Ok, received a VIN. What's next and are there typical timelines associated with each next step?

Ok, received a VIN. What's next and are there typical timelines associated with each next step?

You should be able to pull up a window sticker in a week or two. There's a sticky up top with the link for that. The sticker should indicate an approximate build date, usually within another week or two.

For example, I ordered on 3/5, got a VIN on 4/15, my sticker showed up 4/28. had a build date of 5/4, and now I'm waiting for delivery, not estimated date yet.

abhoop, I appreciate your patience as I keep tabs on orders and requests I’ve received. I wanted to let you know that I sent a message with an update. Be sure to check your inbox for the details!

For anyone else who is interested in their current status, I can research this for you to see if your order was affected by any delays. So I can do this, please send me your VIN or order number & dealer name / dealer code.

Cory

Built on 5/14 and no delivery ETA.:(

Congratulations on your Explorer being scheduled and being assigned a VIN! StunnedMonkey’s timeline is a good example and like he said, the sticky is a great resource. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cory

Ordered 5-2-11
Build Date= 5-23-11

is 2-3 weeks after build date correct for delivery timeline?

Got my VIN and looked up my sticker today!

Anything I should check on the sticker (aside from the correct options, color, etc)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered 3/19
VIN received from dealer 4/12
Built 4/30
"awaiting transport" ever since....

Have gotten updates from Cory & Natasha but finding it hard to believe it takes a month to move the vehicle from Chicago to Minneapolis...

Back