What's your status? | Page 43 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Hey guys!
You’re all keeping me really busy! For everyone that’s waiting for a reply from me, thanks for hanging in there while I recover from my Labor Day avalanche of PMs. I’m also expecting pics from all those that got their Explorer already! :D:thumbsup:

Cory

Hopefully the dealer sends me one! Delivery date should have been the 2nd but no word yet. I'll give it another week before I ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopefully the dealer sends me one! Delivery date should have been the 2nd but no word yet. I'll give it another week before I ask.
MikeFreas,
I did a quick check on yours and couldn’t resist sending you the great news in PM form! See my message for the details. Hopefully that makes for a happy second half of the week. :D

Cory

I just got my second order confirmation. Glad I had them fax it to me. The first one showed a FWD model when I wanted a 4WD. Anyway, getting Rapid Spec 302A, Trailer Tow, Pollished Wheels, DVD, Splash Guards, and Roof Rail Crossbars all wrapped in Black with Med Lt Stone interior.

A Few questions for everyone though. 1. My order sheet had the DVD and Splash Guards, but not the crossbars. They told me that they couldn't put them on the order because it is a DIO, but the DVD and splash guards are DIO's also and they were on the sheet. Any reason for this? 2. What do the Order Number, Priority, Order Type, and Price level numbers mean? 3. They told me to expect 8 to 12 weeks. So am I out of luck on the brochure coupon I just got in the mail yesterday, says it expires on Oct. 24th?

Thanks

Getting close...

Went to dealer yesterday to drive our X...actually it will be wifey/family vechicle ;-) Everything appeared to be ok and dealer applied $1000 rebate along w/ $750 private cash offer we received by contacting Ford Marketing.

Pickup scheduled for tomorrow (after work of course...ahem, we gotta pay for this thing, LOL!!!)

Wife gone crazy, she already scheduled appt to tint side windows and is ordering shark fin antenna. And now she is shopping for a bike rack, cool!

----------------------------------
2012 Limited, Wht Plat/Blk Int, 302A, Dual Moon, 2nd row bucket, 20" polished alum, tow pkg, mud guards

Flying68, welcome to the forum, the order sheet in input front the dealer, it should contain everything that you order, in some case the factory will ship thes items that are DIO, so the dealer can install when the vehicle is ready ffor you to pick-up. PM Cory, with all your info if have not done so already, when you get your vin number, 4 days prior or so you get to see your window sticker, it should match what you ordered to a tee! Hope this helps, there are stickys that reference these procedures.

Xrider, glad to here your picking up the x finally. I'm in the same shoe, the wife drives it the most. I ordered by shark antenna Saturday via email, order confirm. 3-4 weeks. Also looking at adding the side nerf ar, chrome I guess. Order my interior LEDs for the overheads, that CDN showed opin the forum. Let me know how it goes, and what you think.

...1. My order sheet had the DVD and Splash Guards, but not the crossbars. They told me that they couldn't put them on the order because it is a DIO, but the DVD and splash guards are DIO's also and they were on the sheet. Any reason for this? 2. What do the Order Number, Priority, Order Type, and Price level numbers mean? 3. They told me to expect 8 to 12 weeks. So am I out of luck on the brochure coupon I just got in the mail yesterday, says it expires on Oct. 24th?...
Flying68,
First of all, welcome and congratulations on your order! :D I checked and confirmed that the crossbars can be put on the order or installed by the dealer once the Explorer arrives. The details you asked about all allow for the system to keep track of your order. For any questions on offers, check out www.Ford.com/Incentives and/or call the Marketing Program Headquarters @ 800.334.4375 so amazing agents can look into it for you. :) Be sure to check with your dealer if they offer the Incentive Protection Program. This will protect the incentives available to you at the time you placed the order. If better incentives become available when your Explorer arrives, you have the option to take the new incentive amount. All offers are subject to change, so be sure to consult your dealership.

...Pickup scheduled for tomorrow (after work of course...ahem, we gotta pay for this thing, LOL!!!)

Wife gone crazy, she already scheduled appt to tint side windows and is ordering shark fin antenna. And now she is shopping for a bike rack, cool!...
XRider,
Your wife really knows what she wants! Congrats again for when you pick up the Explorer today! That will make for a great weekend!

...PM Cory, with all your info if have not done so already, when you get your vin number, 4 days prior or so you get to see your window sticker, it should match what you ordered to a tee!...
Spengracin,
You make my job so much easier! :D I really appreciate all your support, and the time you put in to contribute!

Cory

Ford's getting really close to losing this customer for life. I've never seen a company that will do so much to avoid a customer trying to give it a $45k check that is already made out and ready to go.

Ordered 6/6. My vehicle has been in Chicago since 8/15. On 9/12 I start test driving other vehicles. Does Ford seem to care? Does customer service seem to care? The answer is no as no one can do anything to try to get a very simple piece of information -- what is going on. Someone does KNOW. Ford should find this person, get them on the damn phone, and get the vehicle moving. If they can't do that, they don't deserve my business.

I want my vehicle. I will settle for an explanation and an actual ETA - not the three phony ones I have received to date. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

I really like Cory, but is seems as though the structure at Ford simply isn't set up to actually allow Cory to get the information the customers need and deserve to have.

There seems to be a delay from when it rolls of the line until it ships. Similar experience. No info available between when it rolled off the line until it was in transit.

Ordered by dealer 7/11 (and that was later than I tried to order, delay at dealer)
Window sticker 8/3
Built 8/8
Just got the "in transit" notice from Cory this week with expected delaer ETA of 9/16. This is a few weeks later than I had expected. No explanation of the delay. It's been frustrating. WIth the technology we have today, seems there should be more timely information. Makes me suspicious there was a problem.

MikeFreas,
I did a quick check on yours and couldn’t resist sending you the great news in PM form! See my message for the details. Hopefully that makes for a happy second half of the week. :D

Cory

Cory,

Thanks! I think you copied the same info into my PM instead of the details. Shot you a PM back. I assume my truck is delivered?

Just got word this morning that my Ex was delivered! Going in at noon tomorrow to pick it up. Dealer said he wanted the whole day to prep and then told me he had a doctor appointment this afternoon...now I know the real reason why I can't get it today!

I'll post pics this weekend, have the Sharkfin antenna in hand and ready to install! 302A Sterling Grey Metallic w/ Pecan interior.

06/10 = ordered
07/22 = VIN 127xx
08/13 = window sticker
08/19 = build date
9/5 = Original ETA
9/16 = Updated ETA based on "Awaiting Shipment" status as of 8/29
9/2 = "In Transit"
9/8 = "Delivered"

Cory, you have been AMAZING throughout the whole process, Seni too!! Thank you so much for all the updates! I give Ford a lot of credit for establishing this kind of communication with their customers, but the one thing Ford needs to work on is getting their orders to customers sooner. It's ridiculous that I ordered well before the start of MY12 production yet there were thousands of vehicles built ahead of mine. Not exactly fair, but I will say I think it's going to be worth the wait!

Picked up my Ex this evening!

Everything got very confusing for a while - first it was 'held for inspection', then it was en route with an ETA of 9/22, then all of a sudden it appeared at the dealer. Still, I'm not complaining.

Full write-up at some point over the weekend once I've spent some time with it. In the meantime, thanks Cory for all the updates :)

Not much longer now…

Limited, Black with pecan interior, 302A, dual moonroof, tow package, polished wheels.

Ordered – 7/14
VIN – 8/26
Window sticker – 9/9
Build date – 9/14

Many thanks to Cory for all of the status updates!

...I really like Cory, but is seems as though the structure at Ford simply isn't set up to actually allow Cory to get the information the customers need and deserve to have.
goofydisneydaddy,
I appreciate the compliment and I want to guarantee everything is being done to get you your Explorer as soon as possible. I’ve been keeping track of the status and I sent you a PM with more info. Please check your inbox for the details.

...Just got the "in transit" notice from Cory this week with expected delaer ETA of 9/16. This is a few weeks later than I had expected...
shawnbrat,
Orders are often held for inspection to ensure that you receive a vehicle of the highest quality. My tracker shows that your Explorer is still on its way! :)

...Thanks! I think you copied the same info into my PM instead of the details. Shot you a PM back. I assume my truck is delivered?
MikeFreas,
You’re right; I did send you a double of the same message after I researched your order the last time. Your Explorer was delivered and will be waiting patiently to be picked up! Hopefully you’ll get a chance to see it soon. :D

...Cory, you have been AMAZING throughout the whole process, Seni too!! Thank you so much for all the updates! I give Ford a lot of credit for establishing this kind of communication with their customers, but the one thing Ford needs to work on is getting their orders to customers sooner. It's ridiculous that I ordered well before the start of MY12 production yet there were thousands of vehicles built ahead of mine. Not exactly fair, but I will say I think it's going to be worth the wait!
You got it, Texas_Ex; I’ll give Seni a Twitter break to make sure she knows! :) It must have been a long wait, and I agree with you that it’s worth it. This entire weekend will be a great time to get some awesome pictures to post. ;)

...Full write-up at some point over the weekend once I've spent some time with it. In the meantime, thanks Cory for all the updates :)
Jimmy-B,
You’re very welcome! Thanks for being so understanding with the wait as I waded through waves of PMs. I’m looking forward to your write-up.

...Many thanks to Cory for all of the status updates!
It’s my pleasure, smilner. Your Explorer should be finishing up production any time now! Enjoy your weekend. :)

Cory

Just got the e-mail from the dealer. My truck has arrived!!!

I'm so happy that Ford resolved the parts shortage issues military car sales told me about. ;)

Ordered July 18th
VIN July 28th
Build 18 Aug
Delivered 9 Sep

Last edited:

Well, just got the call from the Dealer. Truck just arrived.

The crazy/stupid thing is that as of yesterday, all anyone knew is that it was sitting in Chicago awaiting shipment. While I'm super happy my truck will be there exactly when i was hoping it would arrive by, Ford really needs to improve their tracking system.

Glad almost everyone that has waited for a long time got the great news about their new x's. Goofy , glad your arrived, nice surprise huh. Thanks Cory for all the help to all.

X issues:

Picked up Thurs, 9/8, evening and wife was heading to appt on Friday (address entered in Nav) and two things happen. She said after driving about 10 miles, Nav just stopped calculating and froze until it forced her to pull over 3 miles later (since she was lost) and had to turn off the vehicle and back on again. Then she says she heard the A-pillar rattle sounding like it was coming from passenger side. Believe me she knows all about this stuff and have been reviewing this forum.

Kinda disappointed... but anyway, she has service appt on Tuesday for them to take a look.

Other than that it rides great...yes, she let me drive it, LOL!!! I pushed down on left side plastic trim and it felt like a slight snap, so maybe something wasn't seating right. I took it on highway twice (about 3 hrs apart, each drive) and did not hear the A-pillar.

Oh well, we'll see what service dept says/finds on Tuesday.

----------------------------------
2012 Limited, Wht Plat/Blk Int, 302A, Dual Moon, 2nd row bucket, 20" polished alum, tow pkg, mud guards

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad almost everyone that has waited for a long time got the great news about their new x's. Goofy , glad your arrived, nice surprise huh. Thanks Cory for all the help to all.
That’s what I do, Spengracin! ;) It’s really great to see all the happy news about arrivals coming in. I hope your weekend was nice and relaxing.

...Oh well, we'll see what service dept says/finds on Tuesday...
XRider,
I can help by setting up a call from a Customer Service Manager and submitting an escalation before your trip on Tuesday. Let me know via PM if you’d like me to do that. I already have your VIN from tracking, so be sure to include your contact information, mileage, and dealer info.

Cory

Back