When will the changes for the 2012 be available? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When will the changes for the 2012 be available?

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
I read that the 2012 Explorers will be built in July. If this is true, when will the changes start to be talked about.

I know that the changes between model years are often covered on the Internet by auto blogs and those in the know.

I would lose some money in incentives but if the 2012 had a heated steering wheel, I would cancel my order for the 2011 now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what craig on fb said, no changes with exception to the addition of the 2.0 ecoboost and the gold color is changing to a gold with a green tint (flakes).

Thanks! I did hear that from a poster on fb as well. Kinda glade as now I will have no regrets if I can get my hands on a 2011.

I bet FWD is pretty popular in the warmer climates.

Yep. All you can get down here are FWD models. That's why I had to order an AWD. The dealers just weren't ordering them.

I'm betting that the V6 will be adopting DFI and a ~12:1 compression ratio, maybe even reduced in displacement to keep the HP under 300, and therefore muchly improved (15-20%..?) FE. The Ecoboost I4 will be dropped entirely due to public disinterest in a FWD 2012 Ford Explorer.

you're getting old.. and I don't mean your age..

Good to hear no real changes from 2011 to 2012.. I am holding out for year end to get 0% with any luck.

Good to hear no real changes from 2011 to 2012.. I am holding out for year end to get 0% with any luck.

I seiously doubt they will offer any special financing.. with the model year ending in a couple months and Ford not being able to keep them on the lot, no reason to offer financing.. heck, they are only offering a $500 rebate.

Check your local credit unions.. join one if need be. I got 2.95% for 66 months.

I seiously doubt they will offer any special financing.. with the model year ending in a couple months and Ford not being able to keep them on the lot, no reason to offer financing.. heck, they are only offering a $500 rebate.

Check your local credit unions.. join one if need be. I got 2.95% for 66 months.

Keep them on the lot or get them to the lot?

^ that was funny ^ :)

...and don't beat your head against the wall replying to jaswood, thaywood, or the other Wood brothers' posts. The ignore member function works well.

Well having lived in MI for over 45 years, and now in NV, maybe something changed but I dont see lines at the dealers to buy cars! The last two I bought, the GT500 and the Raptor, indeed had a line and people paid over MSRP, but lots here in NV have Explorers on them. I agree if you order you will more than likely have to wait, but dealers are ordering petty well equiped units for the floor, and I am almost certain not ALL will sell by the start of the new MY. I may be wrong, if so, will be the first to say, but this is an Explorer, not a specialty vehicle... I think I will take my chances as I dont NEED to buy, just want to!

Back