Where to buy HID kit? DDM out of stock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to buy HID kit? DDM out of stock

So I am trying to find a HID kit for my fogs, but DDM is out of stock. Usually I order from them since I have great success and never a problem. Where else can I go for cheap, but good HID kits? h1 size...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where else can I go for cheap, but good HID kits? h1 size...

Cheap is relative, since you get what you pay for, but I've always got good reliable stuff from TheRetrofitSource.

From what I heard, DDM is getting out of the HID business, and moving towards LED's.

get a vvme HID kit on ebay .. you can get regular ballast HID kits for $36 shipped, and digital slim ballast kits for $44 shipped.. they make great stuff for the money, google them and check them out... i have 3 kits from them all doing awesome, no problems at all...

From what I heard, DDM is getting out of the HID business, and moving towards LED's.

So much for the Lifetime Guarantee.

www.retro-solutions.com Dont know how long they will be around but the kits I have gotten from them (2) have been flawless.

Cheap is relative, since you get what you pay for, but I've always got good reliable stuff from TheRetrofitSource.

TRS sells parts for projectors, not reflector housings. I dont know if the H1 bulbs they sell will work in fog lights... Atleast it wont be a plug in since the explorer fogs have that funky adapter

They still sell the raptor kits, the digital slims is what they stopped with

So much for the Lifetime Guarantee.

They are keeping a stockpile of parts for warranty claims, they still honor the lifetime warranty on raptor and digital slim kits

You can also try hidguy.com, alot of the people on SVTPerformance use him

I have an H3 Retro-Solutions kit and love it, probably a little pricey for just fog light bulbs, but my kit is great.

DDM's recent changes puzzle me....they are the GO TO place for affordable HIDs and they simply stop selling them due to product mix changes? That doesn't make sense to me. I understand they want to focus on LEDs but why give up selling HIDs? They are basically surrendering to VVME, hidguy.net, Retro Solutions, etc.

i talked to them earlier today. Iasked them whats going on cause i was literally gonna by a kit. they told me that there going through an inventory change and are restocking next week or so. The still have a ton of hid kits supposably but they wont sell over the phone :(.

DDM's recent changes puzzle me....they are the GO TO place for affordable HIDs and they simply stop selling them due to product mix changes? That doesn't make sense to me. I understand they want to focus on LEDs but why give up selling HIDs? They are basically surrendering to VVME, hidguy.net, Retro Solutions, etc.

because importing and/or selling plug and play HID kits are illegal, thats probably the big reason... DDM is one of the bigger ones, they might be getting some crap from the law, who knows....

Back